Wheres the best place to get new presets?

Agree with the Axe-Change. I find those created by users are better than those by the "pros" or people who sell them. I like dialing in my amps, but am at a lost at some of the effects I hear.

Use Leon Todd's (2112 on Axe-Exchange) and Burg's video tutorials and presets to educate yourself, experiment based on pedal layouts you've built or that artists you like use, take apart presets others have built, tweaking them to sound how you want.

I have a commercial preset pack that I use to get ideas, and occasionally I'll grab a block or channel to jumpstart something, but none are without my adjustments.

I'm a big fan of prowling through the factory presets several times, listening to the scenes, then copy the ones you like to another preset slot and mess with them.

Multi-effect units can seem overwhelming. I suggest using the manual; take some time to get to know the different blocks. If you purchased a new effect pedal, you'd probably spend some time with just it and figure it out. Do the same with the FM3; treat each available block like an effect pedal and get to know it.

The stock presets are great and in some cases awesome. I've seen more than one person complaining about tone and how they can't achieve it (eye roll). The perfect tone may not land in your lap, but there's probably something close already there that just needs a little tweaking.

In most cases the stock settings are really good. Stick with them at first, adjust your EQ, gain, delay, etc (the basics). Once you get comfortable, then you can dive deeper.

I'm betting if you gave an amp modeler like a Fractal etc, to a rock star and told them to recreate perfectly one of their famous songs, they couldn't do it (without hiring an engineer). So we should not feel bad if we can't. They can't recreate live what they did in the studio using the same gear.

Find a good stock preset, dig into it so you understand the process, and tweak/create your own.

But for 3rd party:

@Moke
@austinbuddy
@fremen

The Axe-Change has some great presets: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com. below are a couple contributors.

@2112
@Burgs

There is also the Artist Preset Series: https://www.fractalaudio.com/artist-preset-series/

Thanks! Just downloaded Pete's presets and am eager to try them out live at
rehearsal manyana. :)

Only tweaks I have made so far was to use the preset leveling tool--as the Plexi
preset was WAY louder than the others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom