Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

Saw the same tour in Memphis. Great show.
I went for the Sting (and hoping to hear more Police tracks than what he gave) but it was still excellent. I got my Police wish here back in 08 when they reunited for a tour. THAT was pretty much bucket list concert status for me.

This is probably my favorite Dada song. I think I got the follow up album but it was not that good. I think for me; the 90s had a TON of one album wonders. Great for one but then I was done.

I went for the Sting (and hoping to hear more Police tracks than what he gave) but it was still excellent. I got my Police wish here back in 08 when they reunited for a tour. THAT was pretty much bucket list concert status for me.

This is probably my favorite Dada song. I think I got the follow up album but it was not that good. I think for me; the 90s had a TON of one album wonders. Great for one but then I was done.

Kind of agree on the two albums that came out after that. Real hit and miss. But they put out an album on MCA in '98 that was really good.

I was just watching Rick Beato's channel the other day where he was talking about music from the 90's and it reminded me of how many great bands there were. Normally I'd throw names like AIC, STP, Soundgarden in the ring but I'm going to reference Splendor Solis - Tea Party. I really enjoyed this album when it came out.

Transmission was my fav album from them, but a very underrated band. What is it with Canada and these killer frontmen who can really play as well? Jeff from The Tea Party and Ian Thornley. Must be the maple syrup.

Love just about every band listed here and still listen to them all regularly. Tonic was huge for me growing up, last summer saw them with two bands not listed here yet and really surprised by one… was easily one of the best shows I’ve seen. Tonic was still fantastic and sounded huge with a Chet Atkins plugged into a jcm800. Better Than Ezra had the crowd and played some amazing covers. And Collective Soul is better than they were in the 90s. Ed Roland hasn’t lost anything in his voice and their guitarist Jessie Triplet is fantastic. I noticed his amp wasn’t on and asked the sound guy what he used because he sounded amazing and I’m sure anyone here can guess the answer. Actually what made me finally want and get my FM3.

Back
Top Bottom