Where's the 1990s Great Music Thread On This Darn Forum??

Definitely! Super unique lyricist, too. Not a downer like a lot of Grunge and not a T & A guy like Hair Metal. :)
I remember watching them on one of the late night shows, and his singing was simply amazing!! I mean it's hard to describe, but I seem to recall his pitch not being completely "rigid", but instead kinda guitarist-like, in how he was more fluid-like, but every note was perfect, but he didn't land every note immediately, if that makes sense. I just remember being blown away by his vocals.

I think one of the things that defined the 90s was the crossovers and genre mixing and bending. Living Colour
and Incubus both did it very well. Probably can toss Faith No More in there as well.
I LOVED the 90's, even having a 90's cover band at one point for a few years. The only thing I wasn't completely fond of though, was it seemed every time a new band cam along, with a unique "sound", within a few months there were 3 others just like it, like you could tell that the music execs were trying to milk it for every cent.

Oh, here it is. Maybe some of us old farts won't relate so much, but I love the 90s, too. :)

I am listening to this amazingly diverse and awesome album right now. Love every song on it. The
bass tones, the funky drumming, the guitars, Brandon's lyrics. Just a very unique and cool band.
Love these guys so much, and this album barely snuck in before the 2000s hit. Thank you 1999!! :)

This album was life changing for me. I remember walking to Walmart when I was 11 or 12 to buy it. It was quite a bit heavier than anything I had listened to at the time. My perpetual love of PRS and Rectos largely comes from this band.

This album was life changing for me. I remember walking to Walmart when I was 11 or 12 to buy it. It was quite a bit heavier than anything I had listened to at the time. My perpetual love of PRS and Rectos largely comes from this band.

Mourning View is great, too, but Make Yourself just moves me in a special way. :)

So many great bands here! A few that stick out - of course Alice in Chains, Living Color was also great, and I'm a huge fan of Candlebox too, glad someone mentioned them. Lots more I love too - King's X, Screaming Trees, Rage Against the Machine, Spin Doctors, and not quite guitar-driven then, but Nine Inch Nails too. Oh and Tool :)

But for me, anyone on this forum at all interested in music from this era should start with I Mother Earth's albums "Dig" and "Scenery and Fish". Both are still "desert island" albums for me, and Jag Tanna is one of my top guitarists overall. Kudos to Chewie5150 for mentioning them.

Back
Top Bottom