Where to run the master volume on the atomic clr?

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
I just picked up an atomic clr. LOVE IT!!!
I notice it has a master volume. Should I be running this full out? does the master volume on the clr effect the tone at all?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master is the volume control. Input level is used for adjusting the input level for best gain structure. See page 6 of the manual.

Master is the volume control. Input level is used for adjusting the input level for best gain structure. See page 6 of the manual.

Got it. Thanks. I downloaded the manual. Got mine used so I didn't have one with it.
There seems to be less hiss when I run it correctly instead of just running the master full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fun it full out do I can control my overall volume from axe output knob

Is this typically the way you guys do it..last night i ran my two CLRs for the first time, sounded great but still need to do a little tweaking i feel. I ran the master at 12:00..guess i could have run it a little hotter

Is this typically the way you guys do it..last night i ran my two CLRs for the first time, sounded great but still need to do a little tweaking i feel. I ran the master at 12:00..guess i could have run it a little hotter
I don't run it that way because the output volume on the Axe is supposed to be matched up to the input level on the CLR. If you use the output volume on the axe, you will consistently be under powering or overpowering the input on the CLR. I set the output volume on the axe to noon and match up the input level on the CLR so that it just tickles the red light next to the input level knob, and then back it off just a little bit. Then I control the overall volume with the master volume on the CLR, leaving the axe output level at noon.

Last edited:
I have no issues running it this way. I never over power the input. I do sometimes under power it but it is not so much so that the effects are undesirable as far as sound goes. It is not practical for me to get to the back of Clr to make volume adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't run it that way because the output volume on the Axe is supposed to be matched up to the input level on the CLR. If you use the output volume on the axe, you will consistently be under powering or overpowering the input on the CLR. I set the output volume on the axe to noon and match up the input level on the CLR so that it just tickles the red light next to the input level knob, and then back it off just a little bit. Then I control the overall volume with the master volume on the CLR, leaving the axe output level at noon.
Probably the most logical way to do it .. the only problem is that its difficult to get to the back of the CLR during a gig to adjust the volume. So I prefer to have the gain on the CLR set slightly lower than max, so that I have a bit of headroom on the Axe output to kick up the volume a bit if I need it without clipping the CLR.

I give myself some headroom on the input, then set the master for how loud I want it. There is no specific setting. The master level is whatever I need for the gig or rehearsal.

I really don't have to adjust the master after soundcheck. I can't remember ever having to do that so far.

Back
Top Bottom