Where to download MFC-Edit

v8.5 of what?
MFC-Edit. Since this is the MFC-Edit forum I assumed that's what you were needing. Now I understand that you're using the MFC-Edit 3.09 firmware which was release after MFC-Edit ceased development. My bad - I jumped the gun and misunderstood. If you send me a sysex dump from your 3.09 I'll see if MFC-Edit can load it or not.

Hi Folks, has anyone been able to run MFC on a Raspberry Pi please? I,ve tried to run it using all the instructions provided but no success!
I get the following error:

pi@raspberrypi:~/pi-mfc $ sudo sh runmfc.sh
runmfc.sh: 3: runmfc.sh: Bad substitution
+ cat

############################################################################

Thank you for trying MFC-Edit.

I hope that you'll find it useful and ejoy another app on LINUX.

If you are running a version of LINUX with a graphical desktop, for
example KDE, Gnome, Unity, Xfce etc. you can just use your file browser
to navigate to the MFC-101/bin/MFC-Edit.jar file and double-click
it to launch it. For LINUX desktops that won't automatically
launch the Java (or OpenJDK) runtime you can configure your desktop to
do so.

Failing that, open a terminal (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal etc.)
and run this shell script to launch MFC-Edit.

+ java -Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=false -jar ./MFC-Edit.jar
pi@raspberrypi:~/pi-mfc $ Error: Unable to initialize main class mfc.edit.MFC_Edit
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/java/balloontip/styles/BalloonTipStyle

Hi Folks, has anyone been able to run MFC on a Raspberry Pi please? I,ve tried to run it using all the instructions provided but no success!
I get the following error:

pi@raspberrypi:~/pi-mfc $ sudo sh runmfc.sh
runmfc.sh: 3: runmfc.sh: Bad substitution
+ cat

Thank you for trying MFC-Edit.

I hope that you'll find it useful and ejoy another app on LINUX.

If you are running a version of LINUX with a graphical desktop, for
example KDE, Gnome, Unity, Xfce etc. you can just use your file browser
to navigate to the MFC-101/bin/MFC-Edit.jar file and double-click
it to launch it. For LINUX desktops that won't automatically
launch the Java (or OpenJDK) runtime you can configure your desktop to
do so.

Failing that, open a terminal (xterm, konsole, gnome-terminal etc.)
and run this shell script to launch MFC-Edit.

+ java -Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=false -jar ./MFC-Edit.jar
pi@raspberrypi:~/pi-mfc $ Error: Unable to initialize main class mfc.edit.MFC_Edit
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/java/balloontip/styles/BalloonTipStyle
Locate where the MFC-Edit.jar file is. There should be another jar file called "balloontip-1.2.4.1.jar". Make sure that the balloontip-1.2.4.1.jar file is also in your JAVA_PATH. If balloontip-1.2.4.1.jar isn't in the same directory as MFC-Edit.jar, copy it there and it should work.

Hey guys, have any of you tried to open mfc edit on Big Sur? I don't seem to be able to open it
When I try to open it from the terminal this appears

-------

/Applications/MFC-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/mfc-edit.sh

/Applications/MFC-Edit.app/Contents/MacOS/mfc-edit.sh: line 347: /Users/claraparacana/MFC-101/mfc-launch.log: No such file or directory

install_java: Got output='OK'

button returned:, gave up:true

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0

100 317 100 317 0 0 244 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 740

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0

100 5307 100 5307 0 0 1938 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 61000

button returned:, gave up:true

Password:Executing installJava() ...

Installing java from /Users/claraparacana/Downloads/Java.dmg

hdiutil: attach failed - imagem não reconhecida (Image not recognized)

find: /Volumes/Java*: No such file or directory

installer: Error - the package path specified was invalid: ''.

hdiutil: detach failed - Ficheiro ou diretório inexistente (File or directory inexistent)

# Bailing because of error(s)

# Failed unmount of

-------

I've installed the current java and the older one that was available in the other threads, this happens still.

Last edited:
Wow, I just downloaded this and used it to help John Popper & co. get his MFC-101 and Axe-Fx II XL+ ready for some shows. Using the MFC-101 after so long felt like a Luminosity challenge or some other game designed to keep the brain functioning, but in the end we achieved perfect success!

Last edited:
There are 3 links in the OP. Which one?

From my phone all 3 appear to work fine.
When I go to the 'windows' link and attempt to download... It gives me a 'copy file name' pop-up and nothing happens.

Do you see the same?

Edit: im on chrome browser

My Sincere Thanks Gary. Returning to use of my MFC after some time away. With a computer change (or 2) since first use I would have lost the MFC-Edit functionality I purchased a few years back. Thanks for all your work and development. Thanks to you releasing it, I have it back & get to re-discover just how awesome my Axe-FX II rig really is. Wish you continued success...

Hello All,

Posting this just in case it might help someone in a similar situation as mine as described in:

"IA switch not available - MFC-101 MKIII"​

"So I'm posting this even though it's a little embarrassing:

My issue was due to human error, lol, typical.

I was running an old version of MFC-Edit, 5.2, instead of the latest, 8.5.

Once I downloaded and installed 8.5, opened my sysex file with the current config for my MFC-101, then uploaded it to the controller, I "recovered" the disabled IA switch immediately following the Presets, in my case, I have 4 Presets, IA 5 began working.

Now there is another issue, lol, just a side note, I know i should probably post it in the MFC-Edit forum.

After upgrading to MFC-Edit 8.5, if I close it and restart the program, it no longer opens.

I found a work-around after some deep triage, I work in IT, lol.

I won't go into the gory details, but I can if your really interested, lol.

My work-around is to uninstall MFC-Edit 8.5, reinstall 5.2, then upgrade to 8.5.

It will work until I close MFC-Edit when I'm done. If i try to start it after ending the program or rebooting the computer, no go.

I have two computers, a laptop, Dell G15 3590 with an Intel processor running WIN 11 22H2 and a Generic AMD processor desktop running Win 11 21H2.

Java 8 u371 are on both machines.

The same symptoms on both machines manifest as described above.

Anyways, a minor inconvenience to continue to be able to use and program my MFC-101.

I may try running a virtual machine with an old version of Win 10 or Win 7 with a legacy java package as stipulated in the MFC-Edit documentation and see if that is a cleaner solution.

Thanks for reading!"

Any suggestions are welcomed, lol!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom