Where to download MFC-Edit

kickatch

I'm wanting to download mfc edit to use with my mfc 101 controller but I'm having no luck finding it. The link on the page doesn't work to get it. Can anyone help me get it?

It was announced "End of Life" in early January 2020. As far as I know, it is unavailable to purchase from FAS.

Fractal said it's a 3rd party software. Who is the 3rd party and are they going to offer it? You think if it's discontinued that they would just leave a last build of it on the internet somewhere for people to use it.

Fractal said it's a 3rd party software. Who is the 3rd party and are they going to offer it? You think if it's discontinued that they would just leave a last build of it on the internet somewhere for people to use it.
It's a 3rd party software but was sold and supported thru Fractal and for a Fractal product. Both the software and the product are discontinued.

It has been asked and the answer is no...

Thanks everyone for passing along the information. I'm going to try an experiment for a few days and see how it goes. I'm going to post a link to download the three versions of MFC-Edit, for Linux, Mac and Windows, at the end of this message. My hope is that people who really need it will download it and be able to install it themselves. For a variety of reasons I have not made it freely available before - yes, I have legitimate reasons. I was able to provide excellent support for MFC-Edit while it was being sold and at all cost avoided tarnishing the reputation of Fractal Audio Systems or my own reputation. As I release this without fee or support of any kind my hope would be that people self-support and that neither Fractal nor I get trolled, bad-mouthed or criticized if the user runs into difficulty with the editor. The moment either Fractal or I receive any negative feedback the free download will disappear forever. So, if you have difficulty, please try to figure it out yourself or request assistance from the community but in any case, please be considerate and not rant at either Fractal or myself (the author).

NOTES:
  • If you are using the Mac version on Catalina and MFC-Edit doesn't launch from the Applications folder but does from the command line, you can, after installing MFC-Edit, download the mfc-launch.tgz file from the link provided and install it by opening a Terminal window from Applications->Utilities->Terminal and paste the command: sudo tar -xPvf ~/Downloads/mfc-launch.tgz This will replace the launcher in the MFC-Edit application and that might help.
  • You will still be required to enter an activation key after 10 uses. Each activation key is tied to a specific customer under normal circumstances but if all goes well and this posting is well received, I will also publish, in the forum, a specially generated activation key which will work for anyone, but will also indicate that version running is an unsupported version.
Click this link to download MFC-Edit for Mac - click this link to download mfc-launch.tgz (MAC ONLY)
Click this link to download MFC-Edit for Windows
Click this link to download MFC-Edit for LINUX

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported the development and maintenance of MFC-Edit with their purchases over the past four or five years and I hope that you won't be too disappointed that I am now making it available for free download, even though it is unsupported and not being advanced.

Thank you, and happy editing.

Thanks @bwanagary for a solid product and very good support over the years.

I no longer have an MFC-101 as I've moved on to The FC-12 but I surely did appreciate having MFC -Edit.

It's great of you to do this for others that still want it.

Back
Top Bottom