Where should I put the FX Loop??

Flippy2good

hey guys! So I've had my axe fx for about 3 months now and am finally starting to get the hang of it. But I'm not sure about this-
Where do I put the FX loop in the signal chain? I run the axe fx through my mesa 4x12 cab but also run it into a DAW when at home.
I run the Axe through the fx loop into the cab and the regular output into a PA/interface.
Many presets I see have effect blocks after the cab. How do I replicate this with the fx loop to get the same sound?

Here's a picture example below. I just need to know where I should put the fx loop to get the same sound out of my cab. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4568.JPG
    IMG_4568.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 33
here's a very crude edit of your image, but do this: move the cab after all effects. put a shunt or move everything else over to the left. set the cab to Stereo if you want stereo effects. put the fx loop below the cab, or anywhere in another row after all the effects. don't run shunts after the fx loop - it IS output 2 and shouldn't connect to Output 1 (the tall output block on the right).

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 11.40.25 AM.png

Thank you! So is it a general rule of thumb to never have the fx loop in the block that connects to the output?

For this example, yes. (If there's only room to place in column 12, a simple workaround is to set FXL balance and "output" block row balance oppositely.)

The shunt after the amp block is to create a complete path. You could instead move later blocks to the left, as Chris mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom