Where should I place pedal type delays in signal path?

Gene

Inspired
Hi, I am working on a country guitar chicken pickin' patch. I am using the analog delay type, I think it is based on a pedal. I read somewhere that an analog delay pedal is best for country slapback.

What I am wondering is should a 'delay pedal' type block be placed in front of the amp like in the real world use of a pedal and an amp, any ideas?

Thanks

Gene

I would guess nothing is right or wrong. Test it! Pre amp, Post amp, heck even Post amp Pre Cab, anything is possible with this thing.
Otherwise I am sure that some pickin´ experts can give some more detailed advice

Thanks all!!!

I have a patch built around the twin reverb vibrato channel, not the SF one. Beginning to sound good over studio speakers but will wait till I try it through a few FRFR and amps to see how it sounds. I'm thinking of getting an Atomic neo clr mkII, a review I saw states it great for setting tones with and no nasty surprises through PA at gigs thereafter, I guess provided the mixer channel you use is set flat too.

I use a wee Fender Excelsior with an Eminence 1518 15" fitted and I think I put TungSol pre tubes and JJ6V6 power tubes in it. It is very clean with lots of power, more like a power amp with a volume, no tone stack really, but it has a tone switch for bright and dark, I leave it dark. It always sounds great no matter what I feed into it so looking forward to putting Ax8 through it. I will leave all cabs , power amp processing running in the AX8 and see how it goes!

having said that though...sometimes putting a delay in front of an amp that's on the verge of breakup can sound really cool. the edge does it all the time, of course

Reactions: Rex
having said that though...sometimes putting a delay in front of an amp that's on the verge of breakup can sound really cool. the edge does it all the time, of course
So does everybody who runs a delay pedal in a traditional rig, no matter how much gain they're using. Because there's no other choice. ;)

Back
Top Bottom