Where is the Quad Cortex???

Do I want to check one out, yea eventually hell I like to check out gear like anyone else. I will wait till there really available though and have had some more updates.

It also seems like Kiko is using them for the new Megadeth Tour, and if im not mistaken Arron Marshall is also using it for Intervals tour as well.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-18-at-3-47-17-PM.png
Interesting that they're going in racks, according to this photo, and not being used on the floor. Seems like a rackmount version might have been more appropriate.....?

Last edited:
Actual live shots or it's all just marketing. Plini, Intervals, a lot of people in that world are/were the core of the NeuralDSP QC hype train that was present before whole lockdown and every tour was cancelled.

Their endorsement money was likely highly dependent upon their using it for tours that were ultimately cancelled.

Now that the unit has been out for a while, let's see who plays what now that hype has come and gone and actual units are in the field and all over YouTube from un-endorsed players who are lending their unvarnished opinions to the world.

NeuralDSP can't control the rhetoric anymore so we'll see who actually plays what in the field as a result of endorsement deals, which are probably null and void by now.
So, does that mean the reason we're not seeing the NDSP (sounds like a bad political party from Germany) being played is because basically no one is touring? Not because the unit is faulty or less then a Fractal but the Couf is just f***ing things up?
Interesting that they're going in racks, according to this photo, and not being used on the floor. Seems like a rackmount version might have been more appropriate.....?
Doesn't Megadeth have a long history of having their guitar techs or MIDI control their switching so all the guitarists have to do is play? In which case there's no need for the units to be on stage and every reason to have them backstage in a rack.

With no desktop editor (or backups!) and no looper it's hard to see it as anything more than a toy in it's current state.
Those are just 2 missing features, there are many more. The unit is essentially still in beta.
I sold my t2 preorder without opening it.

They could have just came out with a capture product, a few drives and delays, and it would have been just as successful. People have wanted an alternative to Kemper for years. Their modeling, which I'm very surprised by considering the hype behind their plugins, doesn't seem to be great on the Quad Cortex.

When they get beyond their initial development and supply chain woes I'll definitely be interested in getting for the capture.

For me it's almost like they took the approach of a current day video game release. Take your pre-order money to get it release ready with initial content, hope you sell enough to fund the end game development, while having early adopters live beta test for you.

Only thing missing is the monthly subscription

With no desktop editor (or backups!) and no looper it's hard to see it as anything more than a toy in it's current state.
Those are just 2 missing features, there are many more. The unit is essentially still in beta.
I sold my t2 preorder without opening it.

I’m guessing you never played music until desktop editors were available....

that’s part of the beauty on the QC, it’s simplicity that you DON’T need a desktop editor.
We live in the greatest period of gear with the new Leo’s/Orvilles being Cliff/Craig etc and all people want to do is complain about gear.

So, does that mean the reason we're not seeing the NDSP (sounds like a bad political party from Germany) being played is because basically no one is touring? Not because the unit is faulty or less then a Fractal but the Couf is just f***ing things up?

Doesn't Megadeth have a long history of having their guitar techs or MIDI control their switching so all the guitarists have to do is play? In which case there's no need for the units to be on stage and every reason to have them backstage in a rack.
Its Megadeth -doubt there is a lot effects needed to be switched…

Starting to make the rounds on YouTube with the usual suspects....yay

Yay is right. This is now par for the course. I think a degree of integrity and uniqueness
will be found from those who bow out of just being shills for any and all gear
that gets sent to them at the address in the link below.

Yay is right. This is now par for the course. I think a degree of integrity and uniqueness
the thing is all those cats need to eat and pay rent and that's how all these pedal companies market now

I think the only one with any real integrity is the guy on the 60 cycle hum channel. He's actually turned down podcast sponsors cuz he didn't like their products. Check out his spark review

Oh man, my buddy was in on the Spark when they were crowd-funding the build. He paid
and pre-ordered, and then waited, and waited, and waited. Now when I go see him and he
turns that on I beg him to turn that little piece of crap off and play through his tube amps.

I hope we all remember microwaves are convenient, too, but no cook or chef worth
a damn would ever cook a meal in one. ;)

Lean Cuisine anyone??? :)

Back
Top Bottom