Where do you put your axe live..Floor..Cab..Milk crate?

On-Stage Stands Pro Tiltback Amp Stand | Musician's Friend

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...ro-tiltback-amp-stand?pdpSearchTerm=amp stand

Be warned though, in my experience "On Stage Stands" are of poor quality. The first one I ordered just 3 weeks ago arrived with the top part crooked from the bottom. Poor quality control. I had to send it back and wait & hope the second one would be square, top to bottom.
It wasn't 100% square but much better than the first. I also use a 24" bungie strap to secure the case to the stand.
I really like the design, but can only find it made by OSS.
Thanks, appreciate the info. I've had similar experience with OSS. Quik Lok stuff has been very well made. They have a similar stand I'll take a look at.
Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone

Here's a question for the tech heads...
If I put the Axe FX on top of my Atomic wedge in backline mode, will... vibration from the speaker, em field from the power amp, etc. affect the performance of the Axe FX??? Inducing hum or anything??? Thanks, Hugh H

I have mine in a ATA case with the power conditioner, wireless, and a Vafam panel, and it sits happily atop a Quik-Lok WS-540 stand that has adjustable legs so my RCF monitor will fit below it. On larger stages I can put the RCF on top for better cross-stage projection. I've tried lots of stands, but this one has stood the road testing the best. This pic shows my Axe Fx II, since replaced by an XL+, everything else is the same.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Cased%20Under[1].JPG
    Cased%20Under[1].JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 180
I have mine in a ATA case with the power conditioner, wireless, and a Vafam panel, and it sits happily atop a Quik-Lok WS-540 stand that has adjustable legs so my RCF monitor will fit below it. On larger stages I can put the RCF on top for better cross-stage projection. I've tried lots of stands, but this one has stood the road testing the best. This pic shows my Axe Fx II, since replaced by an XL+, everything else is the same.
attachment.php

Pretty much what my rig looks like except I use Xitones...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer to have it on the side so that when tuning I'm not turning my back. Mine is in a Gator rack with my inear gear. As for durability, I took my old Ultra around the world in a Gator rack bag. It did well even in Africa's third world electricity.

rig_at_lifepoint1.jpg

Here's a question for the tech heads...
If I put the Axe FX on top of my Atomic wedge in backline mode, will... vibration from the speaker, em field from the power amp, etc. affect the performance of the Axe FX??? Inducing hum or anything??? Thanks, Hugh H

Simple answer: NO.

My standard stage rig is a milk crate under a CLR cabinet (not wedge) to decouple it from the stage. The AxeFX is in a 2-space Gator rack bag on top of the CLR. When the front cover is unzipped, I fold it under the front of the bag which, combined with the bag's handle, gives a nice little upward tilt to the AxeFX so it is easier to see the screen. I suppose that insulates the AxeFX from the CLR a bit as well.

Even at stupid volumes, I've never any issues at all with vibration or any type of interference. Same with having my wireless unit sitting on top of the AxeFX bag on top of the CLR.

TT

Back
Top Bottom