Where do you put your axe live..Floor..Cab..Milk crate?

Now that I have my MFC-101 I put the rack behind me.

20150517_102005.jpg

I like it!

664bd792b4851611ed8b55afdbd98a8e.jpg

It's not sitting on a stage at the moment, but we usually set it where it's away from the front of the stage, but close enough to the breakout box so our 20' snake can reach, but also close enough to us so we can run our cables up front. It's usually not an issue, as we've never been on a stage that was too big to reach everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of shock, I can garantee the axe fx is plain solid. Mine has been in extreme unfortunate conditions and it has never had the slightest problem.

Cheers everyone, as it gets closer to its live debut, starting to dwell on what can go wrong instead of how much I love the tones and patches I'm creating. Many thanks for all advice, I'm thinking the floor in tough Gator case should be cool.

In terms of shock, I can garantee the axe fx is plain solid. Mine has been in extreme unfortunate conditions and it has never had the slightest problem.
I set mine on top of a straight 4x12 cab. Once I used it with a slanted 4x12 and the rack fell on it's face mid-song without cutting out!! I finished the song, put it back on top and continued playing my show.
I agree the Axe Fx is roadworthy.

The General Rule of thumb by Clarky age 6 1/2

if it's designed to go on the floor, put it there cos it's designed for it
things like "floor controller" [the clue is in the name.. lmao].. and volume / XP pedals and stomps and stuff

rack stuff / poweramps / amp heads etc go on 'not the floor' so that it's less likely to encounter dirt / dust / beer / puke / folk not looking where the fk they're going / folk looking where they are going but suffer with epic fail syndrome.. and so the list continues...
the further from the ground you place the expensive stuff, the 'shit happens' probability reduces..

gigging...
being well prepared is key...
this is not only about knowing how to play your parts, being well rehearsed etc..
but it's also about the application of a little forward thinking in an attempt to minimise the 'shit happens' factor
you don't need to work through every possible eventually and have a quad redundant rig that's monitored by NASA in real time
but not inviting grief really goes some way to helping the 'shit happens' odds move in your favour...

to those of you that are totally fine leaving the expensive boxes on the floor...
good luck to ya.. and I really hope all goes well and that you never have any agro...
but never in a million years would I do this with my own kit...

Mine is in a Gator soft rack. I put it on a stand made for a small amp so if I have to tweak it it is at a handy height to do so.

I nice impro-version of an angled Axe stand are these things, and you'll find at least one of them at every gig:

507ddd5061257_1422204463.jpg

In a rack case sitting on top of a Quiklok ws540 "T" stand...

The stand is very solid, but also folds down to a smallish size, and it's great for getting the rack off the floor.

I also usually put one Xitone passive wedge on top of the rack as my "backline" (and another on the floor facing me).

All cables connect on front via a VAFAM panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quik Lok stand is great. Durable, portable and adjustable.

Sent from my iPhone

I sit mine on a 1960B. Have a go, they're blindin'

I love things that are multi-purpose.. it added value is always a good thing..

the 1960B:
- makes folk deaf
- makes you look fkn cool / look like your music is gonna hurt [which is variant of cool]
- is a rack stand that won't fall over if it gets a bit of a shove
- with the wheels on is a great trolley for getting your gear in and out of the venue

how much better does it get than that...
ahh yeah... two 1960B cabs... double the fun

What stand is that? I know Quik Lok makes a similar stand, wasn't sure if it would securely hold the rack.

Sent from my iPhone

On-Stage Stands Pro Tiltback Amp Stand | Musician's Friend

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...ro-tiltback-amp-stand?pdpSearchTerm=amp stand

Be warned though, in my experience "On Stage Stands" are of poor quality. The first one I ordered just 3 weeks ago arrived with the top part crooked from the bottom. Poor quality control. I had to send it back and wait & hope the second one would be square, top to bottom.
It wasn't 100% square but much better than the first. I also use a 24" bungie strap to secure the case to the stand.
I really like the design, but can only find it made by OSS.

Back
Top Bottom