Where did this shimmer preset go ?

Hawary

Starts at 1:14, if my memory didn't fail me that is, I remember a similar preset lurking somewhere on the forum but I can't find it.

I think I'm close to the basic tone without the shimmer, though the I have to admit after hearing his delay again I think it needs more tweaking :(

The Solar Eclipse factory patch may be a good starting point for this.

I figured I'd start with adjusting shimmer volume with the expression pedal before the quality of the shimmer itself (not sure if this was the correct decision or not but i just went by instinct)

At first I tried to put a Multidelay block in the end of the series and assign its level to expression number 2 but it turns down the whole sound and not just of the delay, so I created a somewhat identical parallel series to the original one with the multidelay at the end, and set the delays mix to 100%, and this one does work, original signal is not affected by shimmer, but I'm not sure if the original sound in the video was created by the Multidelay only or did he have other stuff on there since it sounds so much fuller if you know what I mean.

Rex, Solar eclipse had, Amp->Cab->Megatap Delay->Multidelay->Pitch. I tried applying it to my patch but the CPU indicated insufficient space.

Last edited:
The Solar Eclipse preset only eats up 55% of the available CPU. I'm not sure what else your preset has, but when you combine your patch and his, there may be something you don't need.

Solar Eclipse gets most of its shimmer from the multidelay (in Plex Detune mode) and the pitch shifter (in Crystals mode). The Megatap also contributes. You may have to experiment a bit to find everything you need to control with Expression 2.

I got it to something that I like, its not the same but I'll save this one at least, I have a few problems though.

1. Noise
2. Boomy sound although I have the bass set to 0 in the amp.

and I will probably need to put the shimmers down a bit, let me know what you think.

I think you're really close. It's a really nice sound; any differences come down personal preference, and I'd be satisfied just the way it is.

If you want to lose some of the low-end boom, play around in the amp sim's EQ page.

I think you're really close. It's a really nice sound; any differences come down personal preference, and I'd be satisfied just the way it is.

If you want to lose some of the low-end boom, play around in the amp sim's EQ page.

Thanks but I did try to EQ the amp but its unaffected, probably the reverb EQ, can't try it now though because I don't have my fcb with me, let me know if you want the patch :)

Wow, the amp's graphic EQ didn't affect the low end at all?

And yes, please do post the patch.

Wasn't this an Ultra preset? The video on youtube seems to say so.

I believe so - I remember grabbing it when I heard it so it may have been someone's creation - just looking to see if someone recreated it for the II

Back
Top Bottom