Where Devils Dare - Bass Only heavy rock song #3, ML USA Bass & Zilla content

shaunb

Experienced

This is "Bass Only" heavy rock song number 3.
I was going to just do three of these but I keep coming up with more ideas in this format, so there may be more in the future.

This one has a more eerie feel and the "lead bass" aka "guitar" tracks retain more of a bass-like character for the most part.

The bass is a G&L Tribute Series L-2500, no guitars were used or harmed on the recording.
Main bass track is a Citrus Bass 200 with ML USA Bass IRs (out soon)
Main lead bass (guitar) tracks are a Plexi 50w Hi 1 through ML Bulb Zilla IRs (Flattest and All Mix from the Zilla Mix folder).
Additional heavy tracks are a Brit 800 and Corncob M50 also through the same ML Bulb Zilla IRs.

Great job Shaun, loved it ! :)
Thanks Amin.

Sounds really good :)

I could see doing doom metal this way for a full album easy.
Thanks for checking it out.
And I agree, you could do some cool doom and drone metal in this way. Might give that a go.

I'm in the process of putting together songs for a project and need to decide if it's all going into one band or a couple of projects.
I'm writing in Drop D on a standard guitar, Drop A on a baritone and these bass only songs. Might be fun to play in a two guitar band then surprise people by switching to all bass live.

If you have a band of all bass players, then who is going to stand in the background of the band photo?;)
I need to give this serious consideration.
Maybe we all stand behind the drummer?

Back
Top Bottom