Where can you find Mogg Files?

Next time you are on a consert. Give the sound guy kloroform. It will put him out for the time you need to hook up to the mixer, and tap the guitartrack. It´s better than to run on to the stage and mic the guitar amp. IMHO, of course ..

i know its a niche market but i would pay a pretty penny for master tracks of my fav. albums. when cd's were being re-mastered, re-re mastered etc. then repackaged and re-released i always had hope that some day id get to buy albums in master track format :D

xtcguitar said:
i know its a niche market but i would pay a pretty penny for master tracks of my fav. albums. when cd's were being re-mastered, re-re mastered etc. then repackaged and re-released i always had hope that some day id get to buy albums in master track format :D

You mean mix track format? Mastering doesn't separate the tracks. A cd would have to be re-mixed and the remastered to give you individual tracks. A mastering engineer is just going to see a two track project.

But I do know what you mea. It would be cool on so many levels.

That video for the Roland software was posted like eight months ago so I wonder if there are legal issues or something. Looks amazingly promising and I would buy it right now. If anyone know how to get it please post how.

personally, i dont see the issue of have a "How to rip mogg files off rockband game and convert to WAV file" videos. As long as you did infact purchase the game, you should be entitled to anything and everything in it. And realistically, i dont think many people will be buy these games just to rip songs to put on thier ipod. Just my opinion

not trying to argue, just curious why you think it is piracy
I'm not arguing either, it's just the law. You don't own the game. You own the disc or downloaded bundle. In essence, you've merely purchased permission to play it.

Last edited:
Playing other peeps music in a bar and getting paid for it is not much better

Nonsense. Bar owners or other venues pay fees for that, which go to the rightholders.
Add to that, that you keep the music alive and might get people go and buy the records.

There's no legal issue with playing someone else's guitar part or copying someone else's rig settings and sound. The issues revolve around permission to use written songs or the sound recordings of files, or the duplication or copying of those files for profit or illegal use. Bars, restaurants, cafes purchase the rights to have music played. Video games and music purchased though whatever means gives you limited rights. You can play the music. You cannot use it for purposes much beyond that. You do not have permission to use it in videos or in plays or to sell or give them away. It's not too complicated. A guitar PART is part of a composition and someone MIGHT take issue, but not likely. The SOUND or TONE of a guitar part is not copyrightable.

I have used Jammit also. Record the guitar track with all the other tracks muted with no USER input. The program will then email you the file.
Just did this with a Yes tune, Guitar only.
Would you walk me through this Dojo? I have Jammit for my iPhone and Mac but I haven't been able to figure out how to rip the tracks, and there seems precious little instruction on how to use the recording feature.

you can repeat a verse and chorus of a song without infringing copyright. I use "guitar and drum trainer " which allows you to take out vocals to create a backing/karaoke track. I have a DJ license which allows me to play copyright material in audio and video. i also have a bunch of MOGG files which are actually master files of original recordings. playing live does not infringe on copyright as you are physically playing the music yourself. you can also change parts of a song just enough that make it a different tune ( yet similar) to bypass copyright. get to know the copyright laws in your area. money DJ licenses are distributed to artists.

I used to rent all the Guitar Hero/Rockband games from Blockbuster Video just to rip all the master backing tracks with vocals but minus all the guitar tracks out of the games!

I was so excited when those games came out & I realized that I could finally get so many of my favorite rock songs minus all the guitar tracks so I could jam & record on them. Essentially replacing the original guitarists.

I have never really actually played those games as they were intended to be played, but I love the fact they were made or we would never have access to all those master backing & individual stem tracks.

I'm really glad that the new Rockband 4 & Guitar Hero Live are coming out shortly for this very reason.

No more Blockbuster to rent from though, but maybe thru Gamefly.......

I used to rent all the Guitar Hero/Rockband games from Blockbuster Video just to rip all the master backing tracks with vocals but minus all the guitar tracks out of the games!

Rock Band 4 is coming soon... the encryption is expected to be pretty nasty.

Rock Band 4 is coming soon... the encryption is expected to be pretty nasty.

Yeah I know, but with stereo cables it's easy to just go out of the tv or receiver to your audio interface into your DAW.......that's how I got all the backing tracks out of the games before, so that will still easily be able to be done.

Really looking forward to getting the master backing track for A Passage To Bangkok!

Love these games for making all these master backing tracks available........even if that obviously wasn't their intention!

Last edited:
Yeah I know, but with stereo cables it's easy to just go out of the tv or receiver to your audio interface into your DAW.......that's how I got all the backing tracks out of the games before, so that will still easily be able to be done.

Really looking forward to getting the master backing track for A Passage To Bangkok!

Love these games for making all these master backing tracks available........even if that obviously wasn't their intention!
Hey man, would you be able to go through this process for the new RB4 DLC? "AJR - Bang!" If so, it would be greatly appreciated. You can contact me here or through Discord, Zeggle#9565

Would you walk me through this Dojo? I have Jammit for my iPhone and Mac but I haven't been able to figure out how to rip the tracks, and there seems precious little instruction on how to use the recording feature.
there's an easier way to get the jammit tracks

try its replacement; visit unjammit . com
the app is available for all devices

Back
Top Bottom