Where can you find Mogg Files?

You guys are hilarious about this piracy issue. Do you download any backing tracks from the net, like at that guitarbackingtrack.com site I see linked on here all the time. The artists certainly don't give their permission for their backing tracks to be available on there.

Make sure you're not going there or getting those illegal backing tracks from anywhere else if you're so honest. If you have any on your computer, make sure you delete them at once!! Lol ( You should also stop watching Mark Days videos because he plays along to "illegal" backing tracks from the net!!) Lol

Anyway, I also use Jammit and love it for all that it offers, but just like the Beta guys have said, the quality of their files(mp3) is not that great for Tone Matching.
it's still available BTW, at unjammit .com

As far as I understand no one owns any Jammit files - Jammit went bust, so their licensing deals would have ended at the time of their demise. Crammit offers them but I'm suspicious as to their legitimacy. I lost big on Jammit having bought a big bunch of their tracks (great app - nothing as good has come along since). Many people don't get that they don't own music "purchases" - we pay to have the right to play the music in different forms/formats/contexts - sometimes those forms/formats/contexts end abruptly - lesson learned.

Interesting to see the post above mocking those who respect copywrite - guess that person doesn't mind if music he worked hard to create + owns the full rights to. gets ripped off via pirating.

Last edited:
As far as I understand no one owns any Jammit files - Jammit went bust, so their licensing deals would have ended at the time of their demise. Crammit offers them but I'm suspicious as to their legitimacy. I lost big on Jammit having bought a big bunch of their tracks (great app - nothing as good has come along since). Many people don't get that they don't own music "purchases" - we pay to have the right to play the music in different forms/formats/contexts - sometimes those forms/formats/contexts end abruptly - lesson learned.

Interesting to see the post above mocking those who respect copywrite - guess that person doesn't mind if music he worked hard to create + owns the full rights to. gets ripped off via pirating.
I don't think thats fully accurate ("no one owns") the core of the content, the JCFX files, are copyrighted tracks that were licensed to Jammit by the labels and authors. Jammit going OOB does not make that content "pubic domain". i'm no IP lawyer tho

Scammit offers tracks that the community gathered. that's rather shitty. Unjammit can play the files just fine and if you look around youll file backups available. you can recover your purchases without paying again

Jammit going OOB does not make that content "pubic domain"

I was stating the opposite (sorry - ambiguous wording in my post above) I think "No one" who purchased Jammit tracks from Jammit, "owns any" right to use them as of the time Jammit ceased to be - of course these tracks are not public domain. Some seem to assume they can hand Crammit 25$ and legitmately continue using the tracks they purchased via Jammit hmmm.

I don't have backups of the 1-200 tracks I purchased from Jammit, but if I did, and recovered them, I'm not at all sure I'd be legally using them within a different player than the original Jammit player (or even at all, in any context, for that matter)

I was stating the opposite (sorry - ambiguous wording in my post above) I think "No one" who purchased Jammit tracks from Jammit, "owns any" right to use them as of the time Jammit ceased to be - of course these tracks are not public domain. Some seem to assume they can hand Crammit 25$ and legitmately continue using the tracks they purchased via Jammit hmmm.

I don't have backups of the 1-200 tracks I purchased from Jammit, but if I did, and recovered them, I'm not at all sure I'd be legally using them within a different player than the original Jammit player (or even at all, in any context, for that matter)
That sadly makes a lot of sense :/
still, I'm hoping no big company will come after users that are using their Jammit content which they did pay for, regardless of the licensing state today.

selling them tho, another story probably

cheers

Back
Top Bottom