Where can you find Mogg Files?

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
With Mogg files you can easily isolate guitar tracks using Audacity.

I read where every song from Jimi Hendrix's albums "Are You Experienced" and Axis Bold As Love" are available as Mogg files, but I could not find them online.

Apparently there are Mogg files out there for all the songs from the various versions of Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc.

Where can you find Mogg files to download safely?

Interesting... I didn't know this either. I saw lots of users referring to mogg and og files as sources to match. Live and learn!

trancegodz said:
With Mogg files you can easily isolate guitar tracks using Audacity.

I read where every song from Jimi Hendrix's albums "Are You Experienced" and Axis Bold As Love" are available as Mogg files, but I could not find them online.

Apparently there are Mogg files out there for all the songs from the various versions of Rock Band, Guitar Hero, etc.

Where can you find Mogg files to download safely?

Check jammit.com

A few $ per song to have legal access to isolated guitar and "without guitar" tracks.

Pretty good - I bought a bunch!

FYI, you are inquiring about piracy.

I first heard of Mogg files from this Tone Match forum in another thread, and tried to find some with no luck last night.
Are you saying all Mogg files a result of piracy? Maybe that's why I couldn't find any.

I have used Jammit also. Record the guitar track with all the other tracks muted with no USER input. The program will then email you the file.
Just did this with a Yes tune, Guitar only.

I first heard of Mogg files from this Tone Match forum in another thread, and tried to find some with no luck last night.
Are you saying all Mogg files a result of piracy? Maybe that's why I couldn't find any.

Yes, they are mostly ripped from Guitar Hero/Rock Band games.

You guys are hilarious about this piracy issue. Do you download any backing tracks from the net, like at that guitarbackingtrack.com site I see linked on here all the time. The artists certainly don't give their permission for their backing tracks to be available on there.

Make sure you're not going there or getting those illegal backing tracks from anywhere else if you're so honest. If you have any on your computer, make sure you delete them at once!! Lol ( You should also stop watching Mark Days videos because he plays along to "illegal" backing tracks from the net!!) Lol

Anyway, I also use Jammit and love it for all that it offers, but just like the Beta guys have said, the quality of their files(mp3) is not that great for Tone Matching.

^ Yes , I believe a LOT of those backing tracks @ guitarbackingtrack.com were made through editing Mogg files.

Software that isolates guitar tracks would be really useful for tone matching. If Mogg files are not available yet commercially they should be. It's a great idea.

I found some mogg files totally unexepectantly ... nearly missed them as they were hidden among the leaves of the funny plants that started to grow mysteriously in the secret partition we have at the end of our sun room.

I found some mogg files totally unexepectantly ... nearly missed them as they were hidden among the leaves of the funny plants that started to grow mysteriously in the secret partition we have at the end of our sun room.

and I found that missing sock there too....

Software that isolates guitar tracks would be really useful for tone matching. If Mogg files are not available yet commercially they should be. It's a great idea.
Transcribe - JamVoxx III have been mentioned. I have used Amazing slowdowner.

I've actually been wondering about a practical and legal way to do this. I mean if we're talking about what's covered in terms of copyrights and stuff it's usually the song itself which we aren't worried about. We're trying to get a very small isolated portion of it in order to mimic the tone. It's not like people are distributing the entire song in a manner that would preclude someone from buying it which is what all of this piracy stuff comes down to. Heck most of the tones we are trying to copy here are from work that we already own (hopefully legally).

Now the funky part is that from what I understand most of these files are from a game, but once again we aren't making illegal copies of the game in order to play it illegally.

If memory serves correctly isn't there a time limitation or something that a portion of a song can be distributed legally?

Heck, what if we could just have a 5-10 second portion of an isolated guitar part for us to share? Even uncompressed that would be pretty damn small and it wouldn't be the entire artist's work being distributed.

I'm just spit-balling here.

We just need to have someone create an album with licensed music, that we could buy. That would work, artist gets paid and we get our ten seconds of tone to match.

That looks kind of cool. I have a huge collections of CD's (4000+) that I could strip guitar parts out of. I am curious how it really works. It would be nice if they had a demo version to test. Did it ever get released? Everywhere I look says out of stack and/or coming soon. Interesting though I tend to be leary of staged product videos by the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom