Where can I get these Floyd Rose "speedy loaders"?

hammeron56

Inspired

The video is a few years old and the EBay link is dead. Look at time 0:57

These replace the saddle screws with a hollow screw through which you feed the guitar string while leaving the ball-end intact.

It's not the same as the Floyd Rose "speedloader" which requires special strings.

This is what I found

• The most criticized disadvantage of the new tremolo system is a requirement of special strings with bulleted ends. Strings should be precisely cut and should not stretch (so called "string float") non-elastically much from original length with applied tension, changing the pitch. String should be perfectly elastic in the range of Floyd Rose action. All these requirements make string manufacturing harder than normal, thus, generally, prices for such strings tend to be higher. So far, only 2 major string manufacturers produce such special strings: Floyd Rose Guitars itself and Dean Markley. The other factor is string availability: it's virtually impossible to find such strings on sale in some regions, and prices for such rare imported goods may go up to 400-500%. Finally, if speedloader string breaks, it must be replaced completely - one cannot just shift and re-use the rest of string length as is sometimes possible do with other bridges.

• The Speedloader required the use of specialized strings, which were somewhat similar to Fender Bullet strings but larger, double sided, and pre-cut to determined lengths.

Last edited:
I always do that. That way there are no sharp string ends at the headstock to stab me. Plus I put some extra winds around the peg so if I break a string at the bridge, I can quickly unwind some string, stick it in the bridge and I can recover from the broken string in a few seconds.

Exactly... I used to have a pretty heavy right hand and 9/10 times the break was right at the bridge. Plus, I have always blocked my Floyd for down-only action and never went out of tune when the string broke.

Back
Top Bottom