where can i find the original presets.

I am not thrilled with the way the preset changes sound. I was happier with the original.

is there a place I can download the old presets?

thanks so much!

scott

Hi Scott,

Which version are you looking for?

Did you also change your firmware version? If so, you'll want to downgrade that too.

I upgraded the firmware, then the presets, and then axe edit.... won't the original presets sound the same even with the new firmware?

I was most disappointed with the Ratt round lead preset... and mark day's 80's preset.... those were my go to when firing up my ax8 now they lack balls and sound buzzy and no longer tight....

Hi Scott,

Which version are you looking for?

Did you also change your firmware version? If so, you'll want to downgrade that too.

- the original presets that shipped with the AX8 when released. I've been using the latest firmware since released , but updated the presets only tonight , over the originals. LIKE AN IDIOT , i might add. Some of the new presets sound better , and some sound worse , IMO. If I could hop in my Delorian , I'd have saved the new presets in another bank , but I thought it wasn't necessary. @M@ , could you please post a link to download the original presets ? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

so , I just realized something.... I think the reason I disliked the updated factory presets so much , was because of the level drop. Compared to the originals , the new levels ( in my case anyways) were much lower. This had a huge effect on the overall sound coming out of my board. I knew it was lower , because I could see it on my meters , but I didn't expect it to matter that much. When I turned the AX8 MAIN out knob UP to reach my original levels on my mixer , that the presets came alive.

relative volume ALWAYS affects perception of sound.

I know this. The battle of a loud PA sound vs a quiet controlled reference is never the same. In this case , my original reference volume was already very moderate , that's why I was surprised that turning up the output to the mixer made that much of a difference. This is no Fletcher Munson situation.

In this case , my original reference volume was already very moderate...This is no Fletcher Munson situation.
It is, though. :)

The Fletcher-Munson curves apply to any relative difference in volume, not just the difference between moderate volume and gig levels. In fact, the relative differences in your ears' frequency response are more extreme at lower volumes.

It is, though. :)

The Fletcher-Munson curves apply to any relative difference in volume, not just the difference between moderate volume and gig levels.

Really...... hmm. I have only heard the effects of FM when there was a perceived audible difference in loudness.
I was looking at the meters on my board when I realized the output from the AX8's new presets weren't as hot. Otherwise it wouldn't have occurred to me that the new ones weren't as loud. They just sounded muffled and lifeless in comparison.

Really...... hmm. I have only heard the effects of FM when there was a perceived audible difference in loudness.
When the difference in level is moderate, and there's a time gap between hearing one and hearing the other, it may not register in your mind that there's a level difference at all. especially if you're not looking for a difference. Our sound memory is short. But if you A/B'ed them side by side, you'd hear the level difference.

When the difference in level is moderate, and there's a time gap between hearing one and hearing the other, it may not register in your mind that there's a level difference at all. especially if you're not looking for a difference. Our sound memory is short. But if you A/B'ed them side by side, you'd hear the level difference.

Understood. My point in the post was , the difference between levels was seemingly so insignificant ; had I not visually seen a difference by means of a meter , I would have never known , nor would I have attempted to , match the original level , thus my perception of these new factory presets would have been "tainted" by an insufficient level.

I wanted others to know so they could avoid a similar experience.

Back
Top Bottom