Where can I download the FX8 editor for iPad?

I second that question for an iPad editor. I find eventides H9 editor most convenient. But on stage I'd rather be able to tweak my pedal directly ( oh shit, left my iPad at home) Which is a pita with the H9, but expected because this thingy is small. I am faithful the FX8 is easy to dial/ deal with when I read the posts from users here.
Peace...

I second that question for an iPad editor. I find eventides H9 editor most convenient. But on stage I'd rather be able to tweak my pedal directly ( oh shit, left my iPad at home) Which is a pita with the H9, but expected because this thingy is small. I am faithful the FX8 is easy to dial/ deal with when I read the posts from users here.
Peace...

Editing on the iPad would be a convenience alternative for some.

I’ve spent equal time using FX8 edit and dialing up settings on the screen. Selecting options and making tweaks is relatively easy on stage if you have familiarized yourself with basic operations.

So i used the FX8 last night at my gig and here is my take away. FX8 strait in a Princeton Reverb.

I create a patch with 8 scenes.

- Button 3 is very hard to engage because of the metal bar protecting the knobs. It is way to close. Being a guitar player/singer I can not really look down on a lot of changes. Plan is not to use button 3.
- Delay - I used the tape delay to try to match my Strymon timeline, same number of repeats and mix. FX8 delay first 2 repeats are louder than the rest of the repeats drop off quickly. Timeline delays taper off much better. I will look today to see if there is a way change the delay taper on the FX8. Not sure if taper is the right word but i hope it makes sense?
- Drive - I used the Blues OD thinking it was the same as the Boss blues driver (BD2). I just looked it up and it is not. The drive when engaged makes the high string (B,E) sound thin and bright. I rolled off High Cut to try to resolve but didn't really give the desired result. Also when rolling down the guitar volume sound got even thinner:( This does not happen with my pedal board with the BD2, so i know it is not the guitar (PRS custom 24). I will try other drives today to see if they all have that issue.
- Chorus - I used the CE-2 because that is what is on my pedal board and I have used it forever. FX8 did not sound the same as my CE-2 the FX8 almost a slap or delay kinda thing going on. Perhaps cause i am using FX8 on mono into my Princeton Reverb? I will have a look at the IO settings perhaps a change needs to be made there?
- I really wish there was a way to copy and paste block and x/y settings on the unit

Other than that the FX8 was very easy to use. Scene changes were seamless, no lag or muting happing :) Auto engage for wah/pitch was perfect.

If anyone has suggestions on how to resolve any of the issues above, please let me know.

Thanks

Also one other thing, When in "Scene Mode" I think the buttons should trigger on button press rather than button release. Would be a better user experience.

Bojangles please do not reply this.

Last edited:
I have the same issue with the Blues OD...way too bright despite making adjustments. So, I've switched to the 808 OD for the time being.

So i used the FX8 last night at my gig and here is my take away. FX8 strait in a Princeton Reverb.

I create a patch with 8 scenes.

- Button 3 is very hard to engage because of the metal bar protecting the knobs. It is way to close. Being a guitar player/singer I can not really look down on a lot of changes. Plan is not to use button 3.
- Delay - I used the tape delay to try to match my Strymon timeline, same number of repeats and mix. FX8 delay first 2 repeats are louder than the rest of the repeats drop off quickly. Timeline delays taper off much better. I will look today to see if there is a way change the delay taper on the FX8. Not sure if taper is the right word but i hope it makes sense?
- Drive - I used the Blues OD thinking it was the same as the Boss blues driver (BD2). I just looked it up and it is not. The drive when engaged makes the high string (B,E) sound thin and bright. I rolled off High Cut to try to resolve but didn't really give the desired result. Also when rolling down the guitar volume sound got even thinner:( This does not happen with my pedal board with the BD2, so i know it is not the guitar (PRS custom 24). I will try other drives today to see if they all have that issue.
- Chorus - I used the CE-2 because that is what is on my pedal board and I have used it forever. FX8 did not sound the same as my CE-2 the FX8 almost a slap or delay kinda thing going on. Perhaps cause i am using FX8 on mono into my Princeton Reverb? I will have a look at the IO settings perhaps a change needs to be made there?
- I really wish there was a way to copy and paste block and x/y settings on the unit

Other than that the FX8 was very easy to use. Scene changes were seamless, no lag or muting happing :) Auto engage for wah/pitch was perfect.

If anyone has suggestions on how to resolve any of the issues above, please let me know.

Thanks

Also one other thing, When in "Scene Mode" I think the buttons should trigger on button press rather than button release. Would be a better user experience.

Bojangles please do not reply this.

Very interesting. I think you should start a new thread because as a potential buyer I hope for someone's answer to resolve this

There are a lot of tape delays... Experiment to get the tone you want. Note that the sound of the Mono Tape Delay differs from the Stereo Tape Delay. Or try other Delay types, and use Drive and HiCut to "degrade" the repeats. A Dual Delay offers precise control over the number of repeats.

Blues OD is NOT the Boss BD2 (it models a Marshall Bluesbreaker) so it does sound different indeed.

CE-2: what's your output mode setting in I/O, Sum L+R or Copy L>R?

Copying values and X/Y: requires FX8-Edit.

Just wanted to know. I just checked and with the CE-2 type it really doesn't matter much which setting you choose.
Or did you you change Delay Time (should be 10.00)?

The FX8 manual has a great section on stereo <> mono.

Just from the thread title I instantly assumed a troll is taking a dig at the FX8 for not having an iPad editor. Bojangles would have looked like a hero... if it hadn't turned out to be a legit innocent question. Bahaha! So goeth the internet, win some, lose some.

BTW, I think the FX8 is really easy to dial in on the unit. The PC editor is nice for building/managing presets, using the block library, typing in preset names. But for the stuff you might do on the fly at a gig like adjusting levels and other parameters, it's simple to do direct with no editor, so why complicate things?

Re: drives.. I don't much like the Blues OD personally. Didn't much like the BD2 either (used to own one, then a Keely-modded one which was better, but still not that great). Try the Lovepedal to get into that BD2 ballpark (only smoother and better). The TS808 is a classic and sounds just perfect in the FX8. If you want more of a thick, singing liquidy lead OD, try the BB or the Esoteric RCB.. or the Zen Drive.

I'm only referring to default settings on each of these drives.. don't forget you can edit the clip type, EQ, hi-low cut. So far I've found I can dial up just about anything I'm after from a drive pedal by starting with the model that's closest, and tweaking a few advanced things if needed.

Hi Robboman,

i have spent lots of time now editing directly on the using and am quite comfortable with it. It is a shame that one is not able to copy blocks and x/y setting directly on the unit but i'm sure a future update will resolve that?

I did end up on the Lovepedal and it does sound much better than the Blues OD. Stacking the Lovepedal and the 808 is different than i am used to but just needs some tweaking. It will get there :) Low and Hi cut is your friend.

I am still having the issue with the delay repeats level. Others had made some suggestions but i have not yet had time to try them out.

Also I really like how easy it is to get in an out of scene mode. I only wish there was a way that in scene mode there was a way to select different effects block to edit with out having to use the Nav knob. But I am sure i will get used to it in time.

Back
Top Bottom