Where are the PRESETS THAT SOUND as REAL & BIG as Steve Stevens "ATOMIC PLAYBOY'?

Royalty

I just received my FM3 a week ago and I have been going thru stock sounds and also downloaded a few good ones. I downloaded a few from Leon Todd & also the Steve Stevens presets. I have to say that the Steve Stevens "Atomic Playboy" preset is without a doubt for me the best sounding amp I have heard yet come out of the FM3. It sounds like I'm using a great head & 4/12 cabinet live like I am used to.

Are there any place I can get or purchase presets that are as good as Steve Stevens. For me and what I do I have to have it sound as good as this and as big & real as this. I am finding way too many stock sounds in the FM3 to be not as big & real sounding as Steve Stevens. Where can I purchase or get free presets that ae equal to Stevens Atomic Playboy.

Well you've found what goes into a preset that sounds good to you, so make some of your own and you'll learn how to get the FM3 to do what you want

Maybe swap out the amp in the Stevens preset you like for another one you're interested in, see if you can get some cool different vibes going?

Try using the IRs and effects (save as blocks in the Block Library) from the Steve Steven preset with the other presets you're trying.

+1 on @austinbuddy 's LiveGold Tone Pack. Lots of wonderful and very realistic presets there.

But let's take it a bit further. What's in Steve Stevens' preset that makes it so good?

• The core of the tone in that preset is embodied in scene 1. It's very simple — just an Amp block, a Cab block, and a touch of reverb.

• The Amp block is the Atomica High model, dialed in almost completely stock. Besides the usual Gain/Bass/Mid/Treble/Presence/Depth/Master tweaks (these are just knobs you'd find on the front panel of a real amp), there's a subtle but effective tweak to Output EQ. Otherwise, it's the default Atomica amp model. See Yeks Guide to the Fractal Audio Amp Models to learn what the Atomica is all about.

• The Cab block uses two IRs provided by Mr. Stevens with the preset, and set up for stereo. Very nice IRs at that.

And that's it. Throw in a short reverb, and that's the formula. Now you can start rolling your own. :)

And to explore these SS IR’s, anyone know more about them ? What makes them so great beside stereo ?

It’s a great patch ......but not the holy grail IMO.

I just received my FM3 a week ago and I have been going thru stock sounds and also downloaded a few good ones. I downloaded a few from Leon Todd & also the Steve Stevens presets. I have to say that the Steve Stevens "Atomic Playboy" preset is without a doubt for me the best sounding amp I have heard yet come out of the FM3. It sounds like I'm using a great head & 4/12 cabinet live like I am used to.

Are there any place I can get or purchase presets that are as good as Steve Stevens. For me and what I do I have to have it sound as good as this and as big & real as this. I am finding way too many stock sounds in the FM3 to be not as big & real sounding as Steve Stevens. Where can I purchase or get free presets that ae equal to Stevens Atomic Playboy.
You want the AustinBuddy LiveGold TonePack. There are a few free samples on Axe-Change for the FM3 and Axe-Fx III. Some demos on my YouTube channel.

Those presets will give you the “amp live in a room” sound you are looking for.

www.austinbuddy.com

Back
Top Bottom