Where Are The Mr. Big Fans?

Love PG and all the times I met him at NAMM he was super friendly and happy to answer to my questions.

Love mr Big. I also liked them with Richie Kotzen. That singer is awesome and the guys handling the strings are in the “best of the best” league.
Fun fact: Sheehan even played bass on a Johnny Hiland album. Not strange because producer was Steve Vai. Listening to it I think Sheehan wasn’t the man for the job.

Love mr Big. I also liked them with Richie Kotzen. That singer is awesome and the guys handling the strings are in the “best of the best” league.
Fun fact: Sheehan even played bass on a Johnny Hiland album. Not strange because producer was Steve Vai. Listening to it I think Sheehan wasn’t the man for the job.
I think Sheehans playing is fine on that album. You can't tell it's him though. He really tried to play for the songs. Pat Thorpe on drums too.

I think Sheehans playing is fine on that album. You can't tell it's him though. He really tried to play for the songs. Pat Thorpe on drums too.

Looking back I think I should have said that the album doesn’t have a country vibe. Like the blues album(s) Eric Clapton made that were produced by Phil Collins to me overall didn’t have a blues vibe.
Of course I cannot say Billy Sheehan played the wrong notes, but …. Well let me just stop here. Either I made my humble point or I am just diggin’ my own hole deeper haha.

Vai and Sheehan will always be my favourite combo btw.

Looking back I think I should have said that the album doesn’t have a country vibe. Like the blues album(s) Eric Clapton made that were produced by Phil Collins to me overall didn’t have a blues vibe.
Of course I cannot say Billy Sheehan played the wrong notes, but …. Well let me just stop here. Either I made my humble point or I am just diggin’ my own hole deeper haha.

Vai and Sheehan will always be my favourite combo btw.
It's not meant to be a straight up country album either. There are lots of other styles thrown in, like blues, rockabilly, rock etc. So I think Billy did a great job.

Yeah, I was a fan from the moment I heard "Addicted to that Rush"...my jaw hit the floor. Bought the cassette and wore it out. Liked every song on that album. Loved their remake of "30 Days in the Hole". Truly a talented group of musicians.

Fun fact: Jeff Martin who sang in Racer X also played drums in Badlands with Jake E Lee.

Crazy how insanely talented some people are.

I love Mr Big! I got to meet Billy Sheehan back in the early 80's when he was still in Talas. They played a local bar and I was friends with his tech who introduced me to him after the show. He took me up on stage and showed me his rack and his bass. He even mentioned that some of the stuff was in his rack just because he liked the way the lights blinked. Helluva nice guy and very personable.

Back
Top Bottom