• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Where Are The Hi Res Cabs

jw3571

Inspired
Am i missing where the hi res cabs are in the update? When I click cab i don't see anything that says hi res?

s0c9

You have to load them (out of the fw zip file) into the User Cabs segment on the Axe-II using the Bot - since you can't yet drag-n-drop cabs in AE yet.

scottburrow

Fractal Fanatic
Hi res or ultra res? Hi res is what the usual cabs are, they can also be lo res, if you want to save CPU. Ultra res, is what they said above.

jeppekristoffer

Power User
From the release notes of Axe Edit fw 3.0.5:

- Supports dragging multiple files at once from finder/explorer/desktop into Axe-Manage (great for use with those new Ownhammer UltraRes cabs!)

You have to load them (out of the fw zip file) into the User Cabs segment on the Axe-II using the Bot - since you can't yet drag-n-drop cabs in AE yet.
From the release notes of Axe Edit 3.0.5

Loquenau

Power User

- Supports dragging multiple files at once from finder/explorer/desktop into Axe-Manage (great for use with those new Ownhammer UltraRes cabs!)
Yep, a real winner for me, as I've been avoiding even trying other IRs till at least Axe Manage appeared in some form to be able to at least load one at a time through it. So many to try, though........ I did notice and try the included Ultra-Res IRs, and found them god-awful sounding in my [high gain] patches. But again, only the (stock) Ultra IR have I cared for.

Last edited:

s0c9

From the release notes of Axe Edit 3.0.5
Correct.. (I stand partially corrected). One can only do this from the "Tools... Axe-Manage Cabs" menu option in 3.05 so you don't HAVE to use the Bot for this.. but can. It still works that way.

If you select a preset then select the cab block and the cab you get the cabs pop-up.
That interface DOES NOT yet support d-n-d! (at least not on win7x64).

Top Bottom