Where are the dumble amps?

ethrbunny

Inspired
I don't see the 'SPEC OD1/2' or 'HAD ODS 1' amps in the list. I updated to 10.0 using Fractal-Bot and have AE 1.9 as well.

What step did I miss?

Haven't checked for other missing entries yet. I see lots of other new ones though!

The Bludojai Clean / Lead is a Dumble clone & a pretty good sounding amp too!

Yes, I love this one. Couldn't stop playing it last night - and that was the stock factory patch, I haven't even tried tweaking it yet. Fantastic sustain with great bloom and feedback. Really like that one!

ODSLead and ODSClean - are they the same amp just different settings? Or are they modeled after different channels on that amp?

Never mind found my answer on the wiki ....

Based on: Dumble OD Special, a coveted but rare amp made famous by Robben Ford. Clean: clean channel. Lead: OD channel. Speakers: G12-65, EVM 12L

Last edited:
Yes, I love this one. Couldn't stop playing it last night - and that was the stock factory patch, I haven't even tried tweaking it yet. Fantastic sustain with great bloom and feedback. Really like that one!

Which factory preset is that?
What cabs do you prefer with this amp?

I agree, fantastic sustain!

What cabs do you prefer with this one for lead tones?
R

Now that were talking about cabs my preference is definitely 4x12 EV12l in stereo with 1x12 EV12L for the ODS Lead/Clean

HOWEVER.....out of all the Dumble type amps my favorite one has to be the Carol Ann OD2. IMO its the easiest to dial in and its got a really addictive feel to it. Its like playing with a bed of memory foam.....weird I know, but thats what the guitar feels like to me when Im playing the Carol Ann patch.

My preference for that one are: 4x12 EV12L in Stereo with 4x12 CL80 .............or 4x12 EV12L in stereo with (KaltHallen) 4x12 G12T75

really spongy liquidy tones yet still tight bottom

Thanks for that list.
I'm curious about the Soldano models. Mike is a friend of mine. Might have him over to check them out.. always wondered just how close models could get, and he knows the SLO the best!

That would be super interesting. I'm planning on getting a CLR. Maybe I'll bring it by and we can all get stupid loud.

Gotta try the Carol Ann! Thanks!

As for the Soldano - the WIKI has some info on that too, right from the boss. I never owned one - all I know is it's an amazing lead amp. Probably does other stuff too, haven't tried.

Keep in mind the ZenDrive is a Dumble-class OD and is pure magic when added to certain amps. I don't know if I'm hearing Dumble, but when it sounds that good, I don't care if it has a name.

I just figured something out.

Changing the Tonestack type affects the feel of the amp much more noticeably now with firmware 10.

I was messing around with my Carol Ann patch and experimenting with different Tonestacks, and it works beautifully. My favorite ones to try with the CAOD2 are Plexi, XTC, CAE SE 3+ lead, Brit Silver and Brit Super. But the winner is the XTC tonestack....wow. The Carol Ann patch turns into a huge violin/trumpet type tone....amazing

R

Now that were talking about cabs my preference is definitely 4x12 EV12l in stereo with 1x12 EV12L for the ODS Lead/Clean

HOWEVER.....out of all the Dumble type amps my favorite one has to be the Carol Ann OD2. IMO its the easiest to dial in and its got a really addictive feel to it. Its like playing with a bed of memory foam.....weird I know, but thats what the guitar feels like to me when Im playing the Carol Ann patch.

My preference for that one are: 4x12 EV12L in Stereo with 4x12 CL80 .............or 4x12 EV12L in stereo with (KaltHallen) 4x12 G12T75

really spongy liquidy tones yet still tight bottom

I can only find the Kalthallen cab. Could you please provide with the factory number for the others?
Also, what mics do you use?

What's the proper way to pronounce "Ojai?" Is it "O-J" (like orange juice), or "Oh j-eye" (like "oh my")?

Back
Top Bottom