Where are the cool "Clean" tones presets??

jjdpro

Inspired
It seems that Fractal is concentrating on metal players only. What about us Funk, Jazz players, country..Where is that endorsed player? Does the Axe fx lack great clean sounding amps?

HERE?

i know there alot of genres of metal but i'm not sure any of this qualifies as metal?

"Here is my first Jazz Fusion Package , in collaboration with Fractal Audio System.
I hope you'll have fun !
Axe Fx users can download the presets that you can hear in the video following this link.

YouTube

Presets Package Description:

Fusion Tone : A nice lead builded from a tonematch from Guthrie's sound with some changes.

Jazz Lead : A cool clean sound, perfect for soloing and comping.

Fusion Blue : Scott Henderson inspired, fat bluesy mood.

Hunterish: Inspired by the great Charlie Hunter, it's a jazz sound with a Rotary effect."

There are many clean sound players around, personally said - just pick an amp block choose a clean amp model, dial Input Drive to taste and playing , put a cabinet block on it, enjoy - it's that simple....

Shiva clean and USA clean are my go to clean amps. In fact the only ones I use for clean.
If I am totally missing a great must hear clean amp let me know!

It seems that Fractal is concentrating on metal players only. What about us Funk, Jazz players, country..Where is that endorsed player? Does the Axe fx lack great clean sounding amps?
Really? Dude, check out Fractal's artist page. And stop listening to rumors. :)

Most of the people that post recordings and demos are of the heavier inclination. But the efforts from FAS are the same as they always have been; deliver the best selection and quality of amp models possible. There are plenty of amps to choose from and a good portion of them clean up nicely.

like this one?
So many if you search a litle, but yes majority are heavy tones.

It's not fractal's fault they built a product that gives evry high gain junkie wet dreams.... that doesn't mean mkii doesn't have great clean tones you can dial in. it seems like to me alot of people in music community that tend to be interested mainly in clean tones still have a bit of a phobia of digital gear and swear by analog tube amps etc. Not saying everyone but i've personally met alot of people like that. I think once more people realize digital tools like fractal can get tones just as good as their tube head plus lots more tube heads the holdouts will eventually come around and maybe we'll see less of a discrepancy... It's just that not so many other products, particularly in a 2u rack space offer so many great high gain possibilities without excessive noise.

You're likely getting that impression from some of the endorsements, and some of those guys are pretty heavy. And many here can vouch for the fact the Axe II will do many incarnations of heavy tones. But there are equally as many lesser or non-distorted tones available. The first few banks have quite a few classic Fender and Vox tones, the JC120 is covered, Matchless is there, and the clean channels of many of the boutique amps are represented.

I'd suggest you Google the Axe Fx II Wiki, go to the amp model section and read a bit. There is a great amount of information there for the player considering an Axe Fx II purchase. What's most important, and isn't covered in the amp model discussions, is how well the Axe Fx covers these amp models when used through a good speaker system. I see it's your first post, and as several have noted, it's easy to be mislead by some of the examples posted but they are just that... examples. Give it a try, and like any good amp, if you'll put a little effort into getting the tone you want, it is very, very likely you'll find it here. Welcome to the forum.

HERE?

i know there alot of genres of metal but i'm not sure any of this qualifies as metal?

"Here is my first Jazz Fusion Package , in collaboration with Fractal Audio System.
I hope you'll have fun !
Axe Fx users can download the presets that you can hear in the video following this link.

YouTube

Presets Package Description:

Fusion Tone : A nice lead builded from a tonematch from Guthrie's sound with some changes.

Jazz Lead : A cool clean sound, perfect for soloing and comping.

Fusion Blue : Scott Henderson inspired, fat bluesy mood.

Hunterish: Inspired by the great Charlie Hunter, it's a jazz sound with a Rotary effect."

That was a shameless plug :D

i wouln't say that, the axe has so many amps built in you can create ANY kind of sound/tone.

however it seems like the metal players in this forum have the most "connection" to recording and
mixing which makes them a bit more experienced in tone creating ;)

Yes!! This is some tones ( Clean) that I was not hearing form the AXe Fx. I want to know this before I purchase a unit. I don;t need just a another Sim that majors in hot and crunch . I demand a killer 3d clean tones. As my play a Fender Tone Master, Hughes and Kettner Switch Blade. Both have organic clean tones with weight.. Not shrill highs.. :)

Well, not having any "Nile Rogers (ish), George Benson, Norman Brown, Paul Jackson Jr, Paul Pesco, Lee Ritenour, Chuck Loeb demos makes the unit looks "one-sided" and limited to potential customers like me. All I was hearing from this unit is Rock and Metal. And the few clean tome stuff I heard was very "Chimey". Not a 3 dimensional clean tone..

i wouln't say that, the axe has so many amps built in you can create ANY kind of sound/tone.

however it seems like the metal players in this forum have the most "connection" to recording and
mixing which makes them a bit more experienced in tone creating ;)

Well, not having any "Nile Rogers (ish), George Benson, Norman Brown, Paul Jackson Jr, Paul Pesco, Lee Ritenour, Chuck Loeb demos makes the unit looks "one-sided" and limited to potential customers like me. All I was hearing from this unit is Rock and Metal. And the few clean tome stuff I heard was very "Chimey". Not a 3 dimensional clean tone..

Eh?

I don't do metal, plenty of 3D clean in my samples I post. See: https://soundcloud.com/iaresee/tracks

Its all in there broseph, but shredders are exhibitionists, cleaners are lurking in the corners, hiding in smokey clubs, boogeying down in hidden ashrams!

Thanks.. :)
You're likely getting that impression from some of the endorsements, and some of those guys are pretty heavy. And many here can vouch for the fact the Axe II will do many incarnations of heavy tones. But there are equally as many lesser or non-distorted tones available. The first few banks have quite a few classic Fender and Vox tones, the JC120 is covered, Matchless is there, and the clean channels of many of the boutique amps are represented.

I'd suggest you Google the Axe Fx II Wiki, go to the amp model section and read a bit. There is a great amount of information there for the player considering an Axe Fx II purchase. What's most important, and isn't covered in the amp model discussions, is how well the Axe Fx covers these amp models when used through a good speaker system. I see it's your first post, and as several have noted, it's easy to be mislead by some of the examples posted but they are just that... examples. Give it a try, and like any good amp, if you'll put a little effort into getting the tone you want, it is very, very likely you'll find it here. Welcome to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom