Where are the Axe II samples? Come on, beta testers!

? must have lost something in the German use of the language. ps Necrophagist rules.

Hell yeah Necrophagist rules! But I think he was trying to say "why does Mark NOT have axe 2?! Good thing I don't worry about this because if I did, my head would explode" which I would agree with. Need more axe and funny faces Mark!

At first I tried some dynamic transfer functions but that was a lesson in futility. So then I created the VVT stuff. In VVT there is an actual vacuum-tube replica in software. You enter the values of the resistors and capacitors on the grid, cathode, etc. and it behaves just like a tube complete with Miller effect, cathode memory, etc. The problem is that it requires an obscene amount of horsepower so the only solution was a dedicated DSP.
I had a dream....
To have advanced parameters for the preamp tubes in a futur firmware.
The first one could be µ.(there is another one which could be interesting..but it's a secret tip)

tube_diagram.gif

Last edited:
cool I would build a super tube, like take all those components put 8x in one tube, now maybe that would produce some gain

I had a dream....
The first one could be µ.(there is another one which could be interesting..but it's a secret tip)

This would be a cool feature!

I asked if you could switch "tubes" in the tech questions thread but I don't think there was an answer. It would be cool to be able to switch virtual EL34's with 6L6's!

I had a dream....

tube_diagram.gif

A tube??

I thought it was an X-ray of a Jewish penis about to be circumcised!! :lol

I'd like to hear the AXE-FX ll into a professional sounding mix. The guitar here sounds good, warm and tasty, but the backing track is mediocre. I can't wait to get it though!

Am I the only one that thinks the clips from the new AXE-FX dont sound too good?
Only one I heard that was great was the Clean Shiva clip.

The rest all sound to compressed and lacking impact...

Just my 2 cents, dont flame me all over hehe

Am I the only one that thinks the clips from the new AXE-FX dont sound too good?
Only one I heard that was great was the Clean Shiva clip.

The rest all sound to compressed and lacking impact...

Just my 2 cents, dont flame me all over hehe

I agree, but remember that the vast majority of people in this forum are guitarist first and not audio engineers, and most don't make a living off of their playing or have a pro setup to record it with. I'm a producer and I own a pro recording studio and also happen to be a guitarist. Believe me, the ULTRA sounded so much better racked in my studio than 99% of the clips I heard online.

This is why I'm getting the AXE-FX ll, and I plan to put it to the test immediately.

You have to remember too that most of these demos have been .mp3 files, which don't sound perfect anyway. I think only Scott has put actual lossless flac files out there to hear. Remember too that not all demos are going to sound awesome. If you go through YouTube you can find plenty of Axe demos that sound less than stellar and don't really show off the unit in its best light. Once the new ones are out there, you're going to see tons of recordings popping up showing all different aspects and tonalities of the unit I'm sure.

I agree, but remember that the vast majority of people in this forum are guitarist first and not audio engineers, and most don't make a living off of their playing or have a pro setup to record it with. I'm a producer and I own a pro recording studio and also happen to be a guitarist. Believe me, the ULTRA sounded so much better racked in my studio than 99% of the clips I heard online.

This is why I'm getting the AXE-FX ll, and I plan to put it to the test immediately.

I ordered one too hehe
As being a recording engineer and a guitarrist I will put it to good use.

But I've been a bit disapointed by the demos put up so far.
Cliff, Please send an AXE-FX2 to Mark Day quick!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom