• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Where are presets saved?

DFauvre

Inspired
I'm moving, and realized that I did NOT export all of the presets from Axe-Edit on my laptop while it was connected to my Fractal Axe FX III. Does this matter? After I move, I will be using a NEW laptop with a NEW version of Axe-Edit III. My question is, are all the custom presets saved in my Fractal Axe FX III unit? If yes, it dose not matter that I did not export them from Axe Edit. Does that make sense?

Dave Merrill

Power User
The presets in your Axe are saved inside it. No export is needed, it won't know or care that you moved :)

Presets that you DID export, or that you downloaded, and that aren't in your Axe, those are only on the disk where you saved them. If you don't have that disk, you won't have them.

You probably know all that, it's pretty straightforward, and I'm missing the point of your question?

Reactions: Rex

Dave Merrill

Power User
^^^ This, really! If you care about the presets you've made, your footswitch setups, IRs, global blocks, etc, just do it! Back up! It's not hard, just takes a while.

Freds55

Power User
I'm moving, and realized that I did NOT export all of the presets from Axe-Edit on my laptop while it was connected to my Fractal Axe FX III. Does this matter? After I move, I will be using a NEW laptop with a NEW version of Axe-Edit III. My question is, are all the custom presets saved in my Fractal Axe FX III unit? If yes, it dose not matter that I did not export them from Axe Edit. Does that make sense?
Always use Fractal Bot to backup everything. And then it is recommended to email yourself the file I backup after every FW update and save the backup on a storage drive and also to a flash drive.
That way should one not work you have a redundant copy of the firmware and presets especially if you have a gig in need them.
I find a flash drive works great for me and there is always the email you sent yoursel.

Top Bottom