Where are all the FX8 MK II's?

FullReverse

Inspired
I really thought I would see more for sale, but they seem to rarely come up. Did Fractal make significantly less of these units than others? Do people just really dig them so they don't sell them? I have an AX8 which I adore, but I want to break out an old tube amp and was hoping to pick up a second hand (rarely played) FX8.

(FYI, if anyone has one for a reasonable price in excellent condition.. I'm looking)

Last edited:
I really thought I would see more for sale, but they seem to rarely come up. Did Fractal make significantly less of these units than others? Do people just really dig them so they don't sell them? I have an AX8 which I adore, but I want to break out an old tube amp and was hoping to pick up a second hand (rarely played) FX8.

(FYI, if anyone has one for a reasonable price in excellent condition.. I'm looking)

That is so funny - I too have an AX8, but just picked up a MKII to go with my Boogie Mark IV I just can't get rid of. Sounds amazing!

I have sold and replaced several generations of Axe-Fx and AX8 , but have never considered selling the FX8 as it still a unique unit in its use case.

^^^ Totally agree. Aside from the UI (which becomes intuitive the more you use it), it's quite possibly the most perfect multi-effects unit. I owned a MK I when they first came out, then I went down the amp modeling path. But I feel the call of the tubes again and other multi-effects that I've tried have too many trade offs.

Another positive thing to mention here is that the FX8 allows you to retain the pure tone of your amp or preamp where all the others suck some of your tone.

I have tested every one of the Fractal devices that I own and every one of them takes away some of the tone from my amp or preamp.

The only one that does not take away anything is the FX8.

I have been trying to get my FX8 back from a friend of mine since he never played on it more than one time and it was sealed in the box when I sold it to him.

The only reason I sold it was that it was sitting at his place for future recordings but he moved out of state with it (too far to travel to get it back before he moved away).

I am always looking around for an excellent conditioned one but they never come up since they always look pretty used (makes sense since they sound amazing).

Reactions: TNJ
Back
Top Bottom