When you miss the UPS driver by ten minutes and have to wait another day for your AxeFx3

RB2021

Inspired
Nobody was home to sign for my packages.
giphy.gif

I understand how important it is to enforce signatures on expensive packages but ugh. I saw that it hadn't been delivered and raced home on my gas light because I knew there was a chance nobody would be home. Then I saw the sticker on the door as I pulled up. Defeated I checked the tracking again and they were there 8 minutes ago. So I went and got gas and on the way home I saw a UPS truck going towards the highway. Not wanting to be the crazy person following him back to the shipping hub I guess I have to try again tomorrow.

Sigh.

Thoughts and prayers....................

Fires up my own III grinning at how good this thing is and what the OP has in store once he gets his delivery

That’s exactly why I only went to work for a half-day when mine was getting delivered!

A good part of my job can be done from home, which is exactly why I’m taking a half-day today to go get my JEM worked on. :cool:

Same thing happened to me in 2012 with a brand new 2XL+ lmao, I went to the UPS hub and picked it up in person that night

Lol. I don't blame you. I must admit I followed the driver for a few minutes before giving up. It would have been over an hour round trip if he went back to the hub I was expecting. I wouldn't have had much time to set it up and play anyway.

Take a half day off... That's a good idea. Maybe I'll do that just for the heck of it. I ordered on Sunday though with the slowest shipping and they tried to deliver on Wednesday. Now that's service but I would want to give my boss a bit more notice than that. Sounds like a good idea for the future to just spend a long afternoon with the Axefx.

You get a notice that delivery will take place from 11:00 to 17:00, you decide to go off for 5 minutes to the nearest supermarket and BAM!!! There's your 'we couldn't find you when we tried to deliver' notice.

Personally I wish all deliveries were being made to collection points, never to home addresses. Because I'm usually never at home during the day. It would be nice to have that option. Not all webstores give that option. It would also be more environmentally friendly if all deliveries go to a collection point instead of having dozens of delivery trucks of dozens of delivery companies burn fuel going from one home address to the other.

I'm fortunate enough to live next door to a UPS store, so I just redirect all my UPS packages there :)

It's not always possible to do so. I have had packages returned to sender as undeliverable because the collection point refused to accept packages addressed to them with my name on them. The webstore really has to offer that option from the start or else its a craps shoot.

I address it to myself, then redirect it while it's in transit. Or if they can't deliver it, which is almost always since it's an apartment building and I'm never home during the day, they just leave it at the shop and I pick it up later.

I’ve called and had they’ve come back the same day or held the package for after hours pickup. These may not be common options everywhere.

Mine arrived at the depot in the early hours of a Saturday morning, got emails and texts saying "IT'S HERE!!!!!" but it wasnt delivered until the Monday and I couldn't fetch it either, safe to say I was awaiting the deliver guy at the end of my drive

Well worth the wait

Back
Top Bottom