When were the rectos improved?

firmani99

Inspired
Just upgraded from Quantum 3 to 6.02. I was never able to get the Rectos to sound the way I wanted. I own a couple so I am familiar with their quirks. They always sounded too flubby. More so than the real amps. I have been absolutely loving them now! I probably haven't messed around with them since quantum 1 or so. When were there drastic improvements done?

Yeah I have a dual 3 channel and triple multiwatt. I am loving the models though. I can actually get better tones than the real ones because of the low cut switch. Not running a drive or anything!

My next quest is to see if I can dial in 2 amps. The grind and thickness of the recto with the cut of a mark. Marks have been my goto amps. I don't have a lot of experience with 2 amps. I have to play around with it. I definitely don't want it to sound like "too much". I'm thinking mostly Mark iic++ or iv with a little bit of recto. But we'll see.

Yeah I have a dual 3 channel and triple multiwatt. I am loving the models though. I can actually get better tones than the real ones because of the low cut switch. Not running a drive or anything!

My next quest is to see if I can dial in 2 amps. The grind and thickness of the recto with the cut of a mark. Marks have been my goto amps. I don't have a lot of experience with 2 amps. I have to play around with it. I definitely don't want it to sound like "too much". I'm thinking mostly Mark iic++ or iv with a little bit of recto. But we'll see.

That description has been my same goal all along, basically Recto aggression and girth but a bit tighter like a Mark. Try my settings and they may help you a bit as a starting point.

Recto 2 Red Modern: Gain 7, Bass and Mid 5, Treble 6, Presence 5, Master Vol 2.5 (adds a little more girth than just the default 2.0)
Engage "Cut", Reduce Low Freq Res to 3.0 or so on the Speaker page, turn down the power amp sag to 1.0 to tighten it up a bit more. Put Speaker Drive at 1 If you're using the cab block instead of a real cab.

After that, put a TS808 in front of it, put drive at 0.5 or, keep level at 5.

Granted, this is much more Recto sounding than Mark, but I think this may be in the ballpark of what you're looking for. A great compliment would be the Ownhammer Mesa TR and OS 4x12 packs. I combine 2 IRs from those along with these settings and it's the best guitar tone I've ever heard. For my tastes, anyway. Hope this helps.

The Recto 1 models sound incredibly close to my old Dual; pretty much the amp model that sold me on the FAS stuff. The FAS modern is cool for a Recto style amp that you can tighten up easily too.

Back
Top Bottom