When using Axe-Fx 3 with MFC-101 pedal, do we need the MFC editor software to do the sync?

shredder7

When using Axe efx 3 with MFC 101 pedal do we need the MFC editor software to do the sync ? I already got Frac tool, down loaded the instructions. I understand the process of going to MIDI mode on the Axe efx 3 and assigning the parameters. I am trying to understand that in the next instructions that says (MFC :101 Preparations), that do we need to download the editor software to continue on with the steps? I don't have one and I went on the Axe efx Main website to order it. Some how I think it obviously is not for purchase. Is it still available elsewhere. If so can some one let me me know where to find this MFC EDITOR software to proceed the Axe efx 3 and MFC 101 sync? Please heolp me, Thank you!

You can program the MFC manually.

MFC-Edit is not required.

That being said, it's much easier to do with the editor.

@bwanagary is the creator/maintainer/support... Hopefully he can help.

You can program the MFC manually.

MFC-Edit is not required.

That being said, it's much easier to do with the editor.

@bwanagary is the creator/maintainer/support... Hopefully he can help.

Thanks let me try it, I guess I was a little confused with the instructions. Do you know where i can download MFC editor?

Thanks let me try it, I guess I was a little confused with the instructions. Do you know where i can download MFC editor?
It's a purchased product. You can't download without purchase.

Since I don't know what instructions you're referring to I can't offer any help there.

its on that MFC 101 : Preparations section, not sure if it is referring to use with MFC editor, can you please help me? Thanks!

Attachments

• Tutorial_Fractalaudio_MFC-101+Axe-FXIII_EN(1).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
There is no sync between AFX3 and MFC-101. You can however program the MFC to control the AFX but nothing you do on the AFX will be sent to the MFC-101. Like if you change presets on the AFX it won't communicate that back to the MFC. One word of caution, do not connect two midi cables, a midi in and midi out cable between the two it will create a loop that crashes both devices. One way only midi out of the MFC to midi in of the AFX. Just my opinion but you can do everything right on the MFC no real need for the software editor. Only thing that I really liked about the editor was typing in song names for a song list.

I have a question regarding the Axe EFx 3 sync with MFC-101, I went ahead and went through all the programing and followed all the directions from MFC-101 Programming for the Fractalaudio Axe-Fx III tutorial from Markus pdf. The the MFC-101 is Midi out into my Axe efx 3, but unfortunately, both units don't sync. It only syncs when I scroll th MFC 101 0n preset 57, then it syncs, but there is no sound. The first scenes shown on MFC 101 is not syncing with the AXE efx 3. I double checked all the MIDI mode on axe efx 3 before proceeding and followed all the directions on MFC 101.Can someone please help me?

I have a question regarding the Axe EFx 3 sync with MFC-101, I went ahead and went through all the programing and followed all the directions from MFC-101 Programming for the Fractalaudio Axe-Fx III tutorial from Markus pdf. The the MFC-101 is Midi out into my Axe efx 3, but unfortunately, both units don't sync. It only syncs when I scroll th MFC 101 0n preset 57, then it syncs, but there is no sound. The first scenes shown on MFC 101 is not syncing with the AXE efx 3. I double checked all the MIDI mode on axe efx 3 before proceeding and followed all the directions on MFC 101.Can someone please help me?
There is no sync. The MFC acts as generic midi controller with 1 way communication.

There is no sync. The MFC acts as generic midi controller with 1 way communication.

Strange, I guess I must be doing something wrong, since Markus
seems to make it work with 8 scenes access. As I went to steps 1 on changing numbers on Axe exf 3 MIDI/REMOTE menu, I just noticed that my axe efx 3 is missing one section such as

Under BYPASS PAGE MODE of MIDI /REMOTE section is: Missing MULTIPLEXER and MIXER 1-4 in BYPASS MODE of MIDI /REMOTE section

I Think perhaps thats why its not working the way Markus Hohmann is using his in his video. Not sure wether fractal did not put those Missing Multi plexer and mixer. You can see the comparisons on Markus's pdf tutorial on Bypass page compared to my Axe efx 3 that is missing those things.

I uploaded 11 Firmware. My MFC 101 is a MK III, so not sure if I needed to upload the latest firmware from Fractal website, via Fractal Bot.

I went up to step.5 but somehow it wont take a preset 398-402 to be uploaded or communicate. I confused, can some one please help me?
Thanks

Attachments

• Missing MULTIPLEXER and MIXER 1-4 in BYPASS MODE of MIDI :REMOTE section.png
    Missing MULTIPLEXER and MIXER 1-4 in BYPASS MODE of MIDI :REMOTE section.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • axe efx e midi remote Bypass page.jpg
    axe efx e midi remote Bypass page.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • axe efx midi remote page bypass page 2.jpg
    axe efx midi remote page bypass page 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom