When Upgrade can be made for Studio monitors

Bcraig

Inspired
Ok I live in a quite aparment
I was wondering when I am able to update my speakers
can please let me know what kind of studio monitors speakers please name a few good ones
that will sound great but at lower levels give great Stereo spread and definition on and clarity with the AXE FX 2 XL+
with a basic spending limit around to spent $1000
and if You can something at Sweetwater.com
Since I have credit thier Thank You in advance
I am looking forward to upgrade from the 11 Rack to the New Axe FX 2 XL+

Thank You in advance

Too many to list, its like asking what is a good guitar for $1000, everyone has their picks

Its a super crowded market at the price point

Adam, JBL LR308, Dynaudio, ProSonus, Mackie, Yamaha etc all make great stuff

Perhaps a better question is what are you using right now that your unhappy with ?

KRK's are pretty good monitors, maybe a little on the weak side for bass response, but you could always add a powered sub for a few hundred bucks.

Honestly though, provided your not using an acoustically treated room, you won't notice a real difference between monitors because issues in your room are going to really cause more variability than the differences between any monitor brand.

You might be better served getting your KRK's at proper height and distance from the walls, maybe add a bass trap in the corners and an acoustic panel or two. There really isn't much to be gained getting even high end monitors if your just putting them in an untreated bedroom type setting

1) Equador's coaxial's D5's $499 a pair. Sweet small stereo monitors.
2) Or D8's $599 a pair, better bass/spl
3) Atomic Clr approx $1000, mono

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom