When until the FM3 features catches up to the Axe III?

sluice

Inspired
I know these two devices are different and they don't run the same firmware, etc.

As much as I love my FM3, I'm a bit jealous and anxious when I see the frequent Axe III update that brings so many amazing features (New drives, new amps, new pitch block, etc.)

Curious about what you guys think : when will the FM3 catch up? Will it ever catch up?

I know these two devices are different and they don't run the same firmware, etc.

As much as I love my FM3, I'm a bit jealous and anxious when I see the frequent Axe III update that brings so many amazing features (New drives, new amps, new pitch block, etc.)

Curious about what you guys think : when will the FM3 catch up? Will it ever catch up?
Believe Cliff has mentioned that some fine tuning would need to be done for the new drives to save CPU.

New amps shouldn't be an issue, probably just a matter of porting them over.

New pitch block may require some additional CPU optimization.

I think with the USB issues largely resolved, this should allow the team to focus on adding features to catch up with the FX3.

Only time will tell though! :)

Just like the AX8 lagged behind the AXE FX II, the FM3 will be the same story. Based on the amount of CPU power it seems like the FM3 is going to take a lot more time to port over new features, and I suspect some will never make it.

Just like the AX8 lagged behind the AXE FX II, the FM3 will be the same story. Based on the amount of CPU power it seems like the FM3 is going to take a lot more time to port over new features, and I suspect some will never make it.

My thoughts exactly. It's never going to do everything the Axe FX III does. Otherwise, why sell the Axe FX III? When I was a Helix user, people asked exactly the same thing about the HX Stomp.

It has been stated several times that the FM3 is not an AxeIII with different form factor. So the most straight answer would be: "never, because the FM3 is not an AxeIII with different form factor"

Hopefully, the FM3 is a state-of-the-art piece of gear, and it is amazing as is, even if no further improvements on the modelling or effects are ported... and yet, some of them will ;)

I’d probably error on the side of the unit has a lot to offer as it stands. Those additional features won’t be game changers or hold you back.
I’d just not follow those forums and play :)

[

Is there a video of this on AF3 ??
We can only hope......

QUOTE="rossipedia, post: 1989923, member: 62432"]
I just want me those Archon models... soo tasty
[/QUOTE]

Seems like they're getting to the end of the bug squashing but outside of FAS, no one really knows how many of the Axe III's latest features will make it to the FM3 or when it may happen. The responses I've seen from Fractal, have been 'we're working on it' or 'it's on the list'. Maybe just leave it at that?

I hope the new pitch block gets ported. That was one of the main reasons I wanted one besides the form factor. I do a lot of beat production and it would be nice to be able to turn my guitar into a bass sound.

I think it would be great to keep some kind of threads or document that list all the "lacking" updates/features.

Back
Top Bottom