When firmware is updated.

BigRalphN

Inspired
I know this is premature but I was searching on how firmware is updated and it looks simple for the most part. Almost everything I found was on the AXFX2 though. Is there a special cable needed for the AX8 or do you just go USB? I installed the software so I have it when that time comes. It recognized the AX8 but didn't recognize midi ports like it did in the AXFX videos.

I know this is premature but I was searching on how firmware is updated and it looks simple for the most part. Almost everything I found was on the AXFX2 though. Is there a special cable needed for the AX8 or do you just go USB? I installed the software so I have it when that time comes. It recognized the AX8 but didn't recognize midi ports like it did in the AXFX videos.

USB works just fine. As long as Fractal Bot recognizes your AX8 then you can apply new firmware when it is available. The AX8 does not require special USB drivers. The AxeFX2 does because it sends audio over USB. If you can edit patches and send CABs to your AX8 then you're good to go.

USB works just fine. As long as Fractal Bot recognizes your AX8 then you can apply new firmware when it is available. The AX8 does not require special USB drivers. The AxeFX2 does because it sends audio over USB. If you can edit patches and send CABs to your AX8 then you're good to go.

Ok. Thanks. I thought maybe it was like our V Drums where we need a usb to midi. Thanks again.i have been an editing fool. I know that works.

Ok. Thanks. I thought maybe it was like our V Drums where we need a usb to midi. Thanks again.i have been an editing fool. I know that works.

Then you should be good. If the AX8 editor works and you can work patches on your AX8 then Fractal Bot will update the firmware with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom