When everything (or at least something) you thought you knew is a lie...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
So after the Nuno thread the other day I went on an Extreme listening fest. I had forgotten how much I loved the guitar work in "Teacher's Pet", especially the pre-chorus pedal-point type lick. I had learned it a looooonnngggg time ago and decided to revisit with the help of the web. All the stuff I found had these crazy stretches that were doable but made it harder than I remembered it being. Watched Nuno play it on YT and the light bulb came on, lol. Such a cool lick. The more you know, people....don't always trust the interwebz!!

The number of times I can't figure something on a recording, find a vid on YouTube and "bang!", so that's how he did it. Such a great resource.
especially when there's so much misinformation out there. all the tab sites had that part totally wrong.

There's never been a better time than now to learn guitar with all the resources available. I've found a combination of tab and YT is great way. It's long way from my early days of playing vinyl at 16rpm to learn solos!!

A good friend of mine always says "playing should be easy and relaxed". Just cause you can do something one way, doesn't mean you can't do it a little differently with some knowledge to make it easy and repeatable. So when I start running into things that are seemingly overly complex for my skill level. I spend some time to break it down more, and find an easier way to do it. Or a different fingering into and out of the lick.

Back
Top Bottom