When does the first AD conversion occures? Axe-Fx III

When you run a wire trough any metal housing of a piece of gear that already has an influence to the sound because of the miller capacity.

Guys this is too excited...;)
I was thinking of monitoring certain projects all through mixing through the AXE since it has so many ins and outs and level controls on the front, so i thought it could double as a Monitor controller, but alas, not.

Thanks for your input guys! have a great weekend.

I was thinking of monitoring certain projects all through mixing through the AXE since it has so many ins and outs and level controls on the front, so i thought it could double as a Monitor controller, but alas, not.

It can.

Your demands for what you need from a monitor controller don’t seem well-aligned with how the Axe-Fx III operates. That’s a task it wasn’t purpose-built for.

Hi
I am wondering when does the first AD conversion occures.
Is it as soon as you place an Input block?

Tne reason im asking is that id like to monitor other signsls tnrough the ins and outs of the device without any processing, ie from input to output, and id be happy if it was straight wire, no conversion, since i do not want to degrade tne analog signal im monitoring for no reason.
Thanks!
Seems like your keyboard has a bad converter ;)

Batteries are not digital conversion. If you cant hear what digital conversion does its not something to brag about and certainly not to mock. Train your ears and you might hear it too. Its your profession after all…
Plus certain pedals are very sensitive to batteries, especially Fuzz boxes. If EJ says he hears it i believe him.

I don’t understand something here. You’ve paid all this money for super high end converters but want to skimp our on a monitoring solution?

I understand your wonder. I was talking about certain mobile situations.
Well how critical can the environment be then when you aren’t even in control of the room/space you are recording in? That’s going to have tenfold greater impact on the quality of your recording than even going through 3-4 extra conversions, let alone one. All that aside, I get the fact that your audio can only ever be as good as the weakest link in your chain, but even on the road, or I should say especially on the road you have much bigger concerns than one extra conversion. And I would still maintain my original point from my previous post. Just because you are on the road doesn’t preclude you from a separate but equal in quality to your rig monitoring solution. I would think, at least it would for me.

Back
Top Bottom