When do you guys....

Jon,
It's worth the wait. This thread: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-ceba-covers-😊.178915/ tells a good story. The covers when on sale, are priced well. They take a while to produce, being a family-run operation, but the goal is the same: Produce a transparent cover screen you can see through. Essentially, a window for your FAS.
FYI, re timeline to delivery, ordered mine 11/30 looks like I'll get it tomorrow or Friday, just a hair over 2 weeks so not bad I'd say considering how busy Chad is.

the fm9 is my first fractal unit and I'm in the "until my ceba covers came in" camp. though I did have to peel the cover on the main screen back about halfway because mine arrived with a line going all the way across the screen. just had to make sure it was on the cover and not an issue with the screen itself.

It's crazy! What got in the minds of so many women in the mid 20th Century
that made living rooms for show, and .... uhmmmm..... not for living??
Still trying to figure that one out. We have towels I am not allowed to dry my hands on, placemats we have to move before we sit down to eat, garbage cans in the loo that I am not allowed to put used tissues in, and pillows on every piece of furniture in the LR that I am not allowed to sit on.

FYI, re timeline to delivery, ordered mine 11/30 looks like I'll get it tomorrow or Friday, just a hair over 2 weeks so not bad I'd say considering how busy Chad is.
Well, that's good news to hear for you. IIIRC, the one's I ordered were from 10/30 and they arrived about 11/23, about 3-½ weeks from ordering. Chad might have hired some extra staff for the holidays in order to keep pace with the business.

the fm9 is my first fractal unit and I'm in the "until my ceba covers came in" camp. though I did have to peel the cover on the main screen back about halfway because mine arrived with a line going all the way across the screen. just had to make sure it was on the cover and not an issue with the screen itself.
The one's I'd ordered also arrived with a fine 1-½ inch scratch across the side's top towards an edge. Only on one side, so it wasn't a crack, just a scratch. It didn't bother me that much so I just chalked it up to minor production handling damage that doesn't need repair or replacement.

(Personal Note: FTR, this evening, while trying to take in some evening TV, sometimes "very busy" doesn't equal "truthful." We really lose sight of what what's important in life, and "making money" by staying very busy is not a healthy way to approach older age. We all need to rest and to conserve our energy, otherwise we'll just be sleep-deprived and unpleasant folks to deal with in the morning. That is actually counter-productive because our human nature becomes much more animalistic when we're sleep-deprived. Don't believe me? Just wait and find out for yourselves.)

Anyway, I could talk it to death, but you folks get the picture.

With my FM9, I took them off as soon as I decided I was keeping it. Funny enough, I didn't take the plastic off of my Kemper for about a year. I didn't take the plastic off of my my Axe FX Ultra for a few years and the plastic is still on my Eleven Rack and I have had that for about 6 years.

Took em off immediately. Also stopped treating my guitars like museum pieces years ago. Plenty of dings and scratches but playability and sound never changed.

I remove the button screen plastic immediately. Then, instead of any compulsion to get a screen protector for the bigger screen, I leave that one on the screen and call it a screen protector.

Back
Top Bottom