Bug? When connected to computer it behaves oddly, automatic scrolling thru presets.

Edit: I now have jumping through presets once every two days (version 3.03beta). When this happens - FM3 is ALWAYS hooked up to FM3-Edit and USB. Jumping takes about 10 seconds, is initiated (I suspect) somehow via USB and data is sent to FM3 from the editor. However, if during the automatic jumping through the presets I remove the USB cable (disconnect FM3 from the PC) - then the jumping continues anyway and until it stops FM3 does not respond to any buttons. You can of course do a restart (Power OFF-Power ON).
After jumping (after about 10 seconds) FM3 starts responding correctly and connects with FM3-Edit again. Jumping presets does not appear on the same day (until the end of my days - that is for the next 2-3 hours).

I also have an observation regarding the stability of FM3Edit (in my case) - in version 3.03beta it is much worse than in 3.02Release. It is as bad as before the fixes that finally made FM3Edit stable in version 3.02 (suspensions were already very rare).

Currently in 3.03b FM3-Edit crashes every few minutes. However, the observation is that after a few suspensions (5-7 pcs) and the necessary restart of FM3-Edit (FM3 does not require a reboot at that time, only the editor on the computer hangs) on the computer suddenly FM3Edit regains stability and until the end of the exercises (by say next 2 hours) works practically without suspension (only occasionally). Only the next switching on of the computer and FM3 (usually the next day) causes the problems with the stability of FM3-Edit to return.

Why am I writing about this? Well, this self-jumping through presets, if it occurs - it's probably only in the initial period of FM3 and FM3Edit work together on that day (in the same initial period on a given day, when the main problems with FM3Edit stability also appear). Perhaps, therefore, during the first few minutes of FM3Edit + FM3 work, you exchange some data packets between the editor and the device, which under certain conditions cause equal to the FM3 input "into the preset jump mode". I do not know.

I try to describe as many of my observations as possible, because we all care about the stability of the firmware;)

I just had this happen to me for the first time ever. Running 4.01 FM, connected to a MacBook pro using FM3 Edit. I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 hooked up so I can switch songs via MIDI on Bandhelper.

I was experiencing the frozen pedal bug under 4.0, but it hasn't happened since I switched to 4.1.

I just had this happen to me for the first time ever. Running 4.01 FM, connected to a MacBook pro using FM3 Edit. I have a Yamaha MD-BT01 hooked up so I can switch songs via MIDI on Bandhelper.

I was experiencing the frozen pedal bug under 4.0, but it hasn't happened since I switched to 4.1.
Does it still happen while using Bandhelper+MD-BT01 and not connected to your MacBook+FM3 Edit?

Only asking because I've seen this exact behavior (like in the vid on pg1) on the AFX3 when using MidiOX (windows) and could replicate it consistently. I used a Midi->USB cable to test a plugin I was writing.

If I enabled MIDI receive from AFX3 as source and send back via to the MIDI->USB cable in MIDIOX while Axe-Edit was open, it would receive the flood of MIDI messages meant for Axe-Edit and send it right back to the AFX3, causing it to change channels/presets/etc erratically. After disabling MIDI send in MIDIOX, the randomness would continue until the AFX3 process the remaining MIDI and then stops.

Disabling either MIDI receive from or send to AFX3 would prevent that from happening or simply not having Axe-Edit open. I know it's not the FM3, but it's the same exact behavior so maybe this helps narrow things down.

Any solution? I have an fm3 for a week now, and jump through preset when i connect to fm3 edit, at some point star ti do it random...

Have the last firmware and same in edit.

Same issue here, happens sometimes when adjusting a parameter on FM3 Edit.
I don't have any controllers hooked up and not using the FM3 USB as audio I/O.
It seems to stop on Preset 056 or most of the time.

FM3 FW: 5.0.3
Edit: 1.05.09

Same issue here, happens sometimes when adjusting a parameter on FM3 Edit.
I don't have any controllers hooked up and not using the FM3 USB as audio I/O.
It seems to stop on Preset 056 or most of the time.

FM3 FW: 5.0.3
Edit: 1.05.09
Do you have a DAW or other MIDI-capable software running at the same time?

I got the same issue. I noticed that is only when It is connected to my laptop via usb. It is very annoying but as long as it does not do it unplugged I can live with that. It is funny , it just started happening this month and I bought the unit brand new October 2021. I already had to send it to repair the volume knob and I play out only 2 gigs with this unit. I am afraid it happens live, I always have to bring mhy amp and pedals just in case. I hope it is not a serious thing.

Back
Top Bottom