Bug? When connected to computer it behaves oddly, automatic scrolling thru presets.

Then I hit preset 39 (Brown sound) and it did the radom scrool thing and back to preset 3.
Do you remember how were you scrolling through presets? Particularly when you went to preset 39. Did you using the footswitches, front panel (value knob, arrows, preset list page, etc.), FM3-Edit, etc?

Brand new FM3, firmware 3.02, with the same problem, here:

Amazing to see some footage, this is exactly whats happening to me! it seems like FM3-edit is a part of the problem, yes!
I don't know if it is any help, but I can't update my FM3 if FM3-Edit is on!

Do you remember how were you scrolling through presets? Particularly when you went to preset 39. Did you using the footswitches, front panel (value knob, arrows, preset list page, etc.), FM3-Edit, etc?
I was browsing using FM Edit, just randomly picking presets (landed on 39 randomly). But the first time it happened I had just turned it on, connected it through usb to FM Edit and hit the 3rd footswitch.

Isn't this just a case of a stuck footswitch? When it happens again, try pulling the switch towards you.

Isn't this just a case of a stuck footswitch? When it happens again, try pulling the switch towards you.
Don't think so, because when I use it without connecting to the computer, it works normally.
PS: but I will check that, anyway :)

Amazing to see some footage, this is exactly whats happening to me! it seems like FM3-edit is a part of the problem, yes!
I don't know if it is any help, but I can't update my FM3 if FM3-Edit is on!
Did you find out what was happening? Did you solve it?

Now I'm trying on a windows desktop and nothing happened so far. Weird.
I'm doing the same thing that was done with an Apple notebook (randomly browsing using FM Edit).

Now I'm trying on a windows desktop and nothing happened so far. Weird.
I'm doing the same thing that was done with an Apple notebook (randomly browsing using FM Edit).
It does look like it varies based on the behavior of the USB host, which is why we've been having a hard time reproducing it.

Yes, i do!
Logic Pro has a couple different ways it finds the device being used, and has some settings that seemed persistent, i.e., that it'd always try to use that device.

It's been several months since I looked at it... I'm having too much fun with the Cygnus beta... but I'm wondering if Logic isn't doing something that causes the FM3 or AF3 to lose its connection and/or act up. I've been considering building an external boot disk with only Logic Pro on it and see if that'd recreate the problem I had.

I started thinking along this path because I had all sorts of problems with my FM3 dropping connectivity with FM3-Edit. I had Logic Pro installed and configured to use the FM3, then was seeing something I didn't like on my Mac (because it'd been initialized from a backup from my old MacBook Pro), so I wiped the disk and reinstalled the OS, and have not reinitialized Logic Pro, and, as a side effect, haven't had FM3 lose its connection or freeze. (Well, I had it freeze, but that preset was overloading the CPU.)

@BryantP have you seen anything like that or do you have a Mac with Logic Pro on it in the lab? I had a series of email with Matt as I tried debugging the dropping situation; Initially I thought finding a "happy" USB port fixed it but I question that now as I've moved to other ports that'd previously had problems and they're still good and Logic was pretty invasive that way.

I'm not a Logic expert, but maybe if we had someone who knows all the connection preferences and the USB behaviors maybe they'd have insight into the problem.

Last edited:
Nope, still happening in all odd times, unfortunately, i can't have the FM3 connected to FM# Edit when I'm recording. changes during takes, lol!
This makes sense because two applications are trying to talk to the FM3 at the same time. You can't use Fractool and FM3-Edit at the same time either. I remain suspicious of Logic Pro doing something... um... suspicious.

@BryantP have you seen anything like that or do you have a Mac with Logic Pro on it in the lab?
I haven't seen this behavior with the Mac with Logic Pro that I have access to, no. I have gotten some good debug data from a couple customers that gave some insight, however, so we hope to have some answers around this soon.

Back
Top Bottom