Bug? When connected to computer it behaves oddly, automatic scrolling thru presets.

Emil

Hi!

My FM3 acts annoyingly weird, when I edit presets it can from nowhere just start scrolling thru presets, and when it stops it freezes. This is happening with a lot of different USB cables, computers, and firmware, now the latest, the 3.02 beta.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Emil

I have one seen one other customer report this problem with 3.02 beta 1. We have not been able to reproduce it, unfortunately. Here's a couple questions, if you don't mind.
  1. How long have you had your FM3?
  2. Does this only occur when you're using FM3-Edit?
  3. What version of FM3-Edit are you running?
  4. Are you also using USB audio (DAW or system input/output)?
  5. Are you on PC or Mac and what OS are you running?
  6. Can you reliably reproduce the issue (i.e. do you know the steps to get it start scrolling)?

I have one seen one other customer report this problem with 3.02 beta 1. We have not been able to reproduce it, unfortunately. Here's a couple questions, if you don't mind.
  1. How long have you had your FM3?
  2. Does this only occur when you're using FM3-Edit?
  3. What version of FM3-Edit are you running?
  4. Are you also using USB audio (DAW or system input/output)?
  5. Are you on PC or Mac and what OS are you running?
  6. Can you reliably reproduce the issue (i.e. do you know the steps to get it start scrolling)?
1. September last year
2. It's always hooked up to FM-3 edit, so I guess yes!
3. Latest (The same problem was with the version before as well)
4. Separate audio interface for DAW
5. MAC, Big Sur
6. unfortunately not, but I will have that extra in mind next time!

Today, the problem comes when i work with the EQ..
Thank you for all the additional information you have provided. Were you working with the EQ from FM3-Edit? Do you remember which EQ you were adjusting?

Thank you for all the additional information you have provided. Were you working with the EQ from FM3-Edit? Do you remember which EQ you were adjusting?
that's right, i was editing thru FM3-Edit with the parametic and graphic EQ.

Yes, it is happening without any DAW, is it now possible to send MiDi-Messenges via USB?

I do, but latley not connected when the problem occurs!
Have you had a chance to try the 3.02 release yet? We didn't explicitly fix this since we still cannot reproduce it. There was an issue with handling external MIDI that may have caused this behavior.

Have you had a chance to try the 3.02 release yet? We didn't explicitly fix this since we still cannot reproduce it. There was an issue with handling external MIDI that may have caused this behavior.
Let me stress the unit a little more tomorrow and I will get back to you!

Cheers

Emil

Brand new FM3, firmware 3.02, with the same problem, here:

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind:
  1. Can you reliably reproduce it from power up? If so, what are the steps please.
  2. Failing that, did you do anything on the front panel or the footswitches before this happened?
  3. Were you using FM3-Edit and/or USB audio (particularly a DAW) when this occurred?
  4. Do you have PC Mapping turned on?

I think it's always been possible, no?
Yes, in a way. The FM3 enumerates as a COM port but not a MIDI device, so it will depend on the capabilities of the DAW or require an interposing piece of gear like a MIDISPORT.

Sorry, @Emil, I missed this question earlier.

I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind:
  1. Can you reliably reproduce it from power up? If so, what are the steps please.
  2. Failing that, did you do anything on the front panel or the footswitches before this happened?
  3. Were you using FM3-Edit and/or USB audio (particularly a DAW) when this occurred?
  4. Do you have PC Mapping turned on?
I don't mind at all. I'm happy you're trying to help :)

1. Not really. From what I can see for now is that it is not happening while disconnected from the computer
2. Only preset browsing through FM Edit
3. No DAW
4. What is it and how do I turn it on/off?

4. What is it and how do I turn it on/off?
It's on the MIDI/Remote page. If you don't know what it is, it's more than likely off. It can change the order in which the presets change.

Are you on Mac or PC and what OS are you running?

Thanks for the other answers!

It's on the MIDI/Remote page. If you don't know what it is, it's more than likely off. It can change the order in which the presets change.

Are you on Mac or PC and what OS are you running?

Thanks for the other answers!
Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

From what I see it only happens when connected to the computer while FM Edit is running. After the random scroll, it goes systematically back to preset 3.

I played with it for a while without connecting it and it was fine. Switched it off, went for a meal, connected it back to the computer, started FM Edit and randomly played through quite a lot of presets and it seemed to hold fine. Then I hit preset 39 (Brown sound) and it did the radom scrool thing and back to preset 3.

Back
Top Bottom