When are they going to elect a new USB Driver?

so i tested once more different desktop, laptops and windows versions, doesnt matter, as soon as axe edit and parallel using the audio usb interface by playing mp3 or youtubes connections timeouts occur. Recording is no prob in daw so i wait for axe edit next update.

Zero problems on macOS. 2015 macbook Pro. Latest everything (FW,AE,OSX). Have two other audio interfaces connected including the Axe and just a ton of stuff I/O wise, multiple drives, three USB hubs, thunderbolt display, four or five drives, firewire stuff, just the works.

Zero problems on macOS. 2015 macbook Pro. Latest everything (FW,AE,OSX). Have two other audio interfaces connected including the Axe and just a ton of stuff I/O wise, multiple drives, three USB hubs, thunderbolt display, four or five drives, firewire stuff, just the works.
+1
Never had any problem on win7 or macOS... Probably a driver/cable/magnetic environment problem
But a lot of users experience problems so maybe the driver software is unstable or maybe win10 is culprit...

+1
Never had any problem on win7 or macOS... Probably a driver/cable/magnetic environment problem
But a lot of users experience problems so maybe the driver software is unstable or maybe win10 is culprit...

Could you please explain "magnetic environment problem"? Merci ☺️

I had an Axe Edit timeout last night for the first time. It happened when I was also armed/recording in my DAW. It's never occurred when just using Axe Edit. Since it has never happened before, I don't suspect it's a driver issue. I think it's more likely a firmware or Axe Edit bug.

@AlGrenadine : Yes sure, but what kind, and does it impact your usb connection ? Would really like to know more about that.
But, on the other hand, if you "live " with some usual pertubations and suddenly it doesn't work anymore, your environment hasn't changed and as you noted, the problem may be in the drivers or software.

I had an Axe Edit timeout last night for the first time. It happened when I was also armed/recording in my DAW. It's never occurred when just using Axe Edit. Since it has never happened before, I don't suspect it's a driver issue. I think it's more likely a firmware or Axe Edit bug.
If it was a firmware or ae bug, everybody would experience it

Well, maybe it's also dependent of the way you use it...? Anyway I had some time out problems long time ago, then everything was running fine since.
Now the problem is back, and my configuration hasn't changed. Sorry I misquoted your post btw.

When it happens it would be interesting to investigate more. Is the axefx still appearing in device manager by example?
Does trying another usb port fix it?
Anyway it seems win10 is sensitive

Same issue here. Not a single connection problem for the past 3-4 years (however long I've had my Axe) and suddenly, after installing 8.00, I've got connection problems with Axe Edit all the time. Switched back to 7.02, but to no avail. Would be nice to hear from Fractal on this...it seems to be a pretty widespread issue...

Same issue here. Not a single connection problem for the past 3-4 years (however long I've had my Axe) and suddenly, after installing 8.00, I've got connection problems with Axe Edit all the time. Switched back to 7.02, but to no avail. Would be nice to hear from Fractal on this...it seems to be a pretty widespread issue...

What OS?

I use win 10 pro always 100% updated. I DO NOT use Windows Defender or Windows Firewall and have them off / disabled as well as the user account control that monitors and blocks installs.

I use Kaspersky and ad block plus.

One thing I noticed is whenever Windows updates, Kaspersky prompts me to allow or block the Audio stream for each audio device besides the built in device on my motherboard.

I'm willing to bet those having problems is due to Windows defender or firewall blocking something. Might be worth it to consult Windows support as I personally don't think this is a FAS driver or hardware issue.

tried that by deactivating defender, still comm error, then additional switching firewall seems to be a winner, no crash for 30 min. will try further on tomorrow, thx man !!

I updated to 8.01 last Friday and experienced a lot of USB issues with my XL and Win7. I spent over 12 hours of building rigs, so the connecting/disconnecting to Axe Edit happened quite a bit in that all day session. Hasn't happened this past week. Just updated to 8.02, because I had my #1 global cab block change (8.02 fixes that bug). I'll watch this thread and keep on eye on that issue. I didn't know USB cables went bad either.

Back
Top Bottom