When are they going to elect a new USB Driver?

Axe Edit from problems with both winzozz and osx from fw 8 would seem ... i think fas will soon consider (i hope) the thing ... i partly solved x now ... reinstalling a clean system and new drivers New high quality usb cable

Just to chime in, I'm not having any issues, mac os x 10.12.4, logic pro either on its own or as a aggregate sound device with a firewire mixing console. Axe Edit working normally.

Thought it was my pc... same trouble here
Win7 64b
Many times AE needs 2 mn to have its window to appear.
And regularly when Modifying presets or changing presets i lost the connection....
Have to power off/on my afx to fix that.... until nxt time ....

I've had issues since 8.01 on the latest OSX, Axe Edit will lose comms with the Axe, have to force quit the program and reboot the Axe.

I have the MFC connected at the same time (which has been fine until 8.01).

I have no problems at all throughout the last 2 years - I even use an USB hub ( I know it is not recommended...) to connect my Axe FX (8.01) with AxeEdit (Win 7).

I have windws 10 but I do not think that is the reason that AE fails, because I have time with windoes 10 and I have not had any problems until I installed Q8.00, of course with Q8.01 also fails. There must be something wrong with AE. Well, it's strange that with Q7.00 I did not have any problems, and only started to fail with Q 8.00

No issues, mac 10.10x, 8.01, USB direct to computer, nothing else hooked to Axefx, running axe-edit, not using as audio interface, using metric halo as audio interface via FireWire.

So is this not an issue now? I'm still on 7.02 .
To be honest I think it's so good I almost don't need an update.

I also have axe edit freezing every 20 mins roughly. Newish MacBook Pro with osx.
No problem last 3 years previously.

Just installed new windows 10 updates because of the WannaCry virus thingie in the media, and now I can't use my axe-fx II as an audio interface anymore. I can't even describe the frustration as I've not installed updates in a long time just because everything was working fine. I've uninstalled the axe-fx II and it's drivers, updated the drivers with from the drivers folder from reading countless ways of doing it, and it just won't install. Something "code 10" in windows. My axe-fx II is useless as my main audio device just because of the windows 10 updates and compability issues.

before the windows 10 updates I would just install the audio driver again and it worked like a charm, now I can't do that anymore.

It's in norwegian but I get these messages, either windows tell me it can't find any drivers in my folders, or it says that the drivers installed are already the best ones.

the frustration.

Attachments

• drivers.jpg
    drivers.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • drivers 2.jpg
    drivers 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 9
  • drivers 3.jpg
    drivers 3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 9
Seeing as I just said 'OK' to allow W10 to update on my home laptop before I left it to it and came to work ..... this is not the sort of thing I want to hear!

I posted earlier that I'd been having some time outs but not until several hours had passed ... but actually that seems to have disappeared once I did a force shutdown on my laptop - I tried doing a shutdown the normal way ... but it went into a permanent 'Shutting down' screen but didn't shut down. I hadn't fully shutdown the laptop for probably a month previous to that - I just usually let it sleep - so my issues were likely to do with a half borked W10 system in need of a good re-boot.

Cruddy Windozz ...... my Mac at work hasn't been shut down in about 6 months and works perfectly

Just installed new windows 10 updates because of the WannaCry virus thingie in the media, and now I can't use my axe-fx II as an audio interface anymore. I can't even describe the frustration as I've not installed updates in a long time just because everything was working fine. I've uninstalled the axe-fx II and it's drivers, updated the drivers with from the drivers folder from reading countless ways of doing it, and it just won't install. Something "code 10" in windows. My axe-fx II is useless as my main audio device just because of the windows 10 updates and compability issues.

before the windows 10 updates I would just install the audio driver again and it worked like a charm, now I can't do that anymore.

It's in norwegian but I get these messages, either windows tell me it can't find any drivers in my folders, or it says that the drivers installed are already the best ones.

the frustration.

One option is to use Windows roll back feature and roll your computer back prior to the update for now.

One option is to use Windows roll back feature and roll your computer back prior to the update for now.

I did and it works now, thank god. Hope I don't get the WannaCry virus then. *crossing fingers*. thanks for the reply, I hope the drivers will be updated since they're from 2014 (?) but hey, if they're working fine and there's not really anything to update then I understand how they're so old. Maybe a smoother operation with the newest windows 10 would be something to look into, I don't know.

Sorry for panicing, it's working now with the previous version of windows 10 - so just roll back if you're having the same problems. I guess the panic just shows what an awesome product it is :p My main soundcard and everything.

I did and it works now, thank god. Hope I don't get the WannaCry virus then. *crossing fingers*. thanks for the reply, I hope the drivers will be updated since they're from 2014 (?) but hey, if they're working fine and there's not really anything to update then I understand how they're so old. Maybe a smoother operation with the newest windows 10 would be something to look into, I don't know.

Sorry for panicing, it's working now with the previous version of windows 10 - so just roll back if you're having the same problems. I guess the panic just shows what an awesome product it is :p My main soundcard and everything.

If you don't have one installed, install an adblocker in Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Ads are one way that the virus has been known to spread. Lastly, as you're probably aware, don't open any attachments that you're not 100% positive are safe. At some point you may need to update in order to do certain things online, but until then...

Back
Top Bottom