When are they going to elect a new USB Driver?

jnorum

Since I install the Quantum 8.00 Firmware I have problems with the Axe-Edit, there is no way to handle the Axe Fx with Axe Edit. I miss the connection every 2 seconds, and I'm starting to get fed up.
And that without having connected the pedal midi.
With firmware 7 there was no problem, but with this new firmware there is no way to use axe edit

I suddenly have connection issues as well. Not a coincidence
Have them too since FW8, happens while listen to music by USB and parallel using Axe Edit. Someone told to find the patch which cause that prob by intensiv CPU demand, but i find no patch using over 90%....

Edit: Maybe win10 updates play a role here too, changing USB cabel is defintly no solution...

Last edited:
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. No connection issues using Q8.01 and Axe-Edit with an external interface in Windows 7.

Last edited:
I use it every day and have q8.01 installed and never experienced any connection issue.
But i'm on Windows 7/32, it's a very stable os...

W10 Q8 AFX2 MK1 (AxeFX as sound device) - getting communication loss with Axe-Edit but usually not until after at least an hour with everything being ok - sometimes 3 hours - but at some stage during a prolonged session with usb connected it will crash.

I sometimes get the lost comms error window in Axe-Edit first and after (force) quitting it and re-opening it - it's still unresponsive and only a restart of the AxeFX will fix the issues. Note: there is still sound coming from the AxeFX during the initial period after the comms loss ... but eventually it freezes with no sound.

At other times the AxeFX freezes without any warnings from Axe-Edit.

Usual apps opened and running at time of issue would be my normal ones - Axe-Edit, Reaper, Firefox browser. The odd time I might also open FracTool or Fractalbot as well but that's not too often.

I'm not sure if it's W10 or the USB driver .... or a combination of both.

However ..... I don't recall having similar issues with Q7 or earlier FWs

Was holding back a while - but I'll do the 8.01 update and see if it continues .... then next step will be re-install USB driver

Back
Top Bottom