When a famous band's first shows are freaking awesome

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
I've often asked myself if famous players/bands were good on their first shows...
Obviously, the answer is yes.
And this RATM show is freaking awesome. So much energy, thus precision, personality and sound !

Definitely check it out, it's another video making me wanna go back in the 90s...

Hardly their first show this one, but I distinctly recall Guns & Roses' Roxy show from 1988, just after they had broken big time. Still so much hunger and a point to prove... impossible to maintain that of course, but their 'star quality' was easy to see

You're right Duke - Ritz not Roxy... but yeah, it's not hard to see why they were a cut above a million bands at that time
yessmiley.gif

A lot of energy at that Rage show. Shame I've never seen them.

Coheed don't sound that bad for a band first starting out. The guitarist having to go back and constantly fiddle with his amp looks pretty amateurish, but they're at least in tune and in time. The guitar tone sounds like he's playing through a solid state Marshall MG or equivalent. The music is definitely not my style and I wouldn't voluntarily listen to them, but they're nowhere near some of the amateur crap I've heard.

They're much better at that point than my 90's band was after a couple of years of playing, for sure :)

I saw RATM first time on 1994 I think, I remember coming to the concert with few buddies, we took a higher row to "sit and enjoy" but after the first 2 minutes I understood I have to go down to the open area next to the stage.
2 hours (more or less) later I was 2 kg less in weight (sweat) + 1 completely torn T shirt + a huge smile on my face.
I could feel the muscles for days after this show.

I've often asked myself if famous players/bands were good on their first shows...
Obviously, the answer is yes.
And this RATM show is freaking awesome. So much energy, thus precision, personality and sound !

Definitely check it out, it's another video making me wanna go back in the 90s...

WOW. Just day-am WOW! Thanks.

RATM = best band ever (IMO)

Saw them in 94 at a college.
Still stands as the best show I've been to in my life.

Back
Top Bottom