What's your next rig upgrade going to be?

I've also purchased a Suhr Thornbucker and a Harmonic Design Z90. Now I have to choose a mid-price guitar to install them, because I don't want to swap pups on any of my existing guitars

I think I'm going to pick up a powered Xitone wedge. I started off with a Friedman ASC-10 and was really happy with it until I played through studio monitors. Now I just want that studio monitor sound at stage volume. It sounds like the way to go is either CLR or Xitone, and given the availability and customer service issues with the CLR, Xitone seems like the only remaining option.

Awesome! What specs are you building?
Effectively a Telecaster. It will have 25.5” scale, 12” radius, and Hipshot Tuner bridge. Most headless guitars have two humbuckers. This will have a Strat style neck pickup, and a tapped Tele bridge, and five way switching. I might also give it a P90 in the middle, which will complicate the switching somewhat.

I've decided, the next rig upgrade will be a replacement A7x for an alternative route that I use on occasion.

eventually another EV-1 and a FC-6

still want a V shaped guitar one day

The EV-1 I ordered is scheduled for delivery today, yay me! Supposedly I can control the ray gun effect on moke's rebel yell preset with it, weeeee

Last edited:
I’m always tweaking pickups. I have a set of Tonerider AlNiCo 2 coming for a Strat and a Bare Knuckle True Grit humbucker for my PRS.

But bigger upgrades I would want a new set of monitors like Adam A5X.

Reactions: ESW
Ordered the replacement A7x this morning. I spent some time tweaking the LYD 48's monitors position/orientation last night. It's not perfect but close as I can get it in this room.

Maybe a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and a Lehle Switcher.

I plan the following setup:
Tube amp one ->Two Notes Torpedo live -> switcher -> powerstage
Tube amp two -> Two Notes Captor -> switcher -> powerstage
And most important my Axe FX III -> switcher -> powerstage

If anything, I have to slow down, I've been cycling gear like a mad man these past 12 months.

I'm fairly new to Fractal, but have made the complete jump with Axe III, FC-6 and EV-1.
Also just got a Ernie Ball Music Man Majesty, this weekend (oups!)

The Axe-FX III is almost like a freaking bargain though.. it really stopped my G.A.S for amps.
Just for shizzle, here are all the amps that I owned at one point in 2020 (Not all at the same time!) :
  • Soldano SLO 100
  • Wizard Modern Classic 50
  • Marshall JCM 800 2204 '85 (vertical inputs)
  • Friedman Small Box
  • Soldano Hot Rod 50
  • EVH 5150 III 100 watts
  • Marshall mini Silver Jubilee
  • JFL 100 watt (Top quality Plexi clone)
  • Fender Bassman '65
  • Kemper toaster
The guitar list might be worst... lol

Marshall sells those Marshall stack shaped fridges. But they are a bit on the small size. Why not build a full size Marshall stack enclosure around your fridge? That way shits and giggles and utility as well?
Those Marshall fridges are cool (there’s one in the shop where I work), but let’s face it — only Marshall could get away with selling a $110 appliance for $300. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom