What's your gig strategy with the FM3? Here's mine (so far)

Nobody using automated scene changes via MIDI? I am curious about different approaches to that topic. Thats the road I want to go down when I receive my FM3 (hopefully next week).

this is my current setup. FM3 + Voes MX-5 and SW-1 + Mission Engineering SP-1 (wah) + Roland EV-5 (volume).

On the FM3 I use presets with 4 different AMP+CAB combinations going from clean to mean.
FM3 buttons:
Button 1 normal press: Pitch (mostly configured as detune-chorus to save CPU)
Button 2 long press: Phaser
Button 2 normal press: Drive
Button 2 long press: Drive channel
Button 3 normal press: Delay
Button 3 long press: Delay channel

MX-5 controls on Page A (scene page)
btn 1-4 normal press: scene 1-4 (which are 4 different AMP+CAB scenes)
btn 1-4 long press: scene 5-8 (variations on scene 1-4)
btn 5 normal press: tempo
btn 5 long press: tuner

SW-1 switches from Page A (scene page) to Page B (preset page).
In Page B btn 1-5 are my 5 master presets (remember all presets have 4 different AMP+CAB scenes).
Once a preset is selected, the MX goes back to Page A (scene page).

Notice that the MX-5 has exactly the same space between buttons as the AX8 FX8 FM3.

MX-5 & FM3.jpg

If I need more I take the MX-12 3x4. More info about this setup on https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-see-those-fm3-rigs.158779/page-40#post-1996737

MX-12 3x4 & FM3 - Prins P@rik.jpg

@TheloniusJ I basically do the same thing FM3 FC6 OMG9. My main preset is an ODS 100 and I have 6 scenes - clean, dirty, dirty with delay, mean, mean with delay, mean with delay and univibe. I also have a few other blocks in there (2 overdrives) and so I can tap the effects and have it sorta like I used to with a tube rig and pedals (stacking overdrives, delays, chorus/vibe)... I use this for 85% of a show. I have the preset on 000, then the next 5 (6 total buttons on the FC6) so I don't have to page. The other sounds are like marshall/friedman nasty or super custom stuff like synth. I have another JM45 based preset that goes clean to dirty, then nasty with the Atomica just in case I am not bonding with my ODS 100 as well as a vibrolux one that is almost like the ODS 100 but has a different and more fender thin frequency profile if the ODS is too muddy.
Very cool - I'm "stealing" your "mean" label :)

Back
Top Bottom