Whats your favourite Greenback IR's?

jrayjr

Inspired
Sup yall,

As the title says, what are your favourite Greenback IR's?

I have almost every pack available to buy but nothing beats the Fractal Ownhammer Greenback G12M55+75 / G12H55+75 pack from the Fractal Site for me.

I play mostly blues and Hendrix and have found none better yet, well i am not looking anymore.

My combination is 2x 0db G12M55 Pan 50L/50R Smooth Mix + 2x -18db G12H55 Pan 50L/50R Single U87

Best
Johnny

I vacillate back 'n' forth between the following combinations ....

YA MARSH 4x12 M25 57v CNT
YA MARSH 4x12 M2557v OA 1

-- or --

OH MRBW RAW 57V-00
OH MRBW RAW 57V-FRED

If I need more Low-End, I usually boost the proximity ..., but if that gets "farty" then I just add in the corresponding R-121 cab ....

That said ..., I'm always interested in other combinations too ! I'm VERY interested to follow this thread !!

I'm very similar to the OP, but favouring OH G12H75 in combination with OH G12M55. (I think all available in the standard AFX III cabs nowadays?) I can never remember which ones I bought and which ones now come with the Axe FX.

I also got all the Marshall Greenbacks from ML Sound Labs. For me, they just have that tiny edge over Own Hammer. I really ought to try York Audio at some point, because I have heard nothing but good things about them. Pretty hard to pick up a bad IR from reputable sources nowadays! The stock selection from Fractal means there is no real need to go IR shopping, but I honestly cannot begrudge paying for the extra selection. They are definitely being recorded with care and attention to detail.

Liam

My fave Greenback is a Lynchback. :) Those Ownhammer Lynchback IRs work for me
really well. Just a tad less compressed, stiffer in the low-end, and not as prone to
breaking up as much.

Lately I've been using the stock Brit 70's cab:
516 — 4x12 Brit 70s GB 57 A — FAS
517 — 4x12 Brit 70s GB 57 B — FAS

Wiki says:
Based on a mid-1970s Marshall 4x12 of unknown model. Source: Cab Pack 22 - Wellspring UltraRes Collection Vol. 2

Lately I've been using the stock Brit 70's cab:
516 — 4x12 Brit 70s GB 57 A — FAS
517 — 4x12 Brit 70s GB 57 B — FAS

Wiki says:
Based on a mid-1970s Marshall 4x12 of unknown model. Source: Cab Pack 22 - Wellspring UltraRes Collection Vol. 2
Mid '70s Marshall cabs of unknown model tend to sound pretty good. I'll check out those cabs. Maybe the whole Pulsonic/pre-Rola thing is a little bit overblown. ;)

Liam

Sup yall,

As the title says, what are your favourite Greenback IR's?

I have almost every pack available to buy but nothing beats the Fractal Ownhammer Greenback G12M55+75 / G12H55+75 pack from the Fractal Site for me.

I play mostly blues and Hendrix and have found none better yet, well i am not looking anymore.

My combination is 2x 0db G12M55 Pan 50L/50R Smooth Mix + 2x -18db G12H55 Pan 50L/50R Single U87

Best
Johnny
the correct answer is: York Audio 5153 412 VH20

Mid '70s Marshall cabs of unknown model tend to sound pretty good. I'll check out those cabs. Maybe the whole Pulsonic/pre-Rola thing is a little bit overblown. ;)

Liam

Weren't mid-70s era Marshall cabs loaded with Blackbacks.... not Greenbacks?

One of my favorites is named 4x12 MAR1960AX-G12M25-G12H-30

But I don't know where it comes from 😅 I cannot find that file name at my IR folder

The most similar is the CabIR.eu MR-AX1960_G12M25 that @paranoid has mentioned above, but the name doesn't match

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom