Whats your favourite Delay settings for High Gain Leads?

Just curious what works for you guys!

I have always dialed in the 2290/mod , but recently I discovered that a Dual delay with One Side 600ms the other 580ms sounds actually better with more clarity (both panned 100% to their sides).

The mix knob seems to be right at about 15-17% for me, maybe 18.
Additionally I always cut everything below 100hz and above 9000 in the delay EQ page, just contributes to clarity .

What are your favourite settings for high gain leads?

1/4 notes usually. I wish the axe delay could sound like sound toys echo boy. That plugin is phenomenal- i'm going to see how close I can get the thing.

havent havent found found my my favorite favorite delay delay yet yet.. they they are are really really good good on on the the axe axe though though.. loven loven the the axe axe

I always use stereo delays. I can't stand the delay taking up the same space in the stereo picture as the dry signal. I change it up a bit from time to time, but right now it's 250/500 and 325/650 depending on the situation.

Ive found that when im using my 4x12 rather than a FRFR system, my delays are usually pretty wet at like 22-25%.

Around 580 ms. Digital mono. Repeats between 8/10%. If in series I'll set the mix really low around 10-8% if in parallel then mix is set to 100% and level set up to taste.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I run my delay like I use it in a DAW.

So it's on a separate grid level and the mix is set to 100% and than control it with output level.

I've been using multi-tap recently and using different settings for each song on the setlist. Tend to use 8th/16th though.

Haven't been running anything in stereo but I think I'm going to start experimenting with it.

I'm a fan of long delays. My favourites for years have been the two Lukather PCM70 'circular' and 'panned' settings, but recently my band has gone down to a four piece (no more keyboards) so I've started using the Bonamassa TC 2290 short slapback delay (165ms). It sounds huge.

Dual delay, 320ms left, 340 ms right, mix about 15%, feedback 9%.

Interesting you guys are quoting delay times. Do you not set it to the tempo of the song?

All my patches which I use for multiple songs have it set to tap tempo for 1/4 or 1/8 th notes, first this I do,at the start,ofmthe song is tap,the tempo in. all except patches for specific songs which have the tempo fixed, like Another Brick on the wall solo for example.
Curious

Nope, I never use tap tempo. For stuff such as leads I even dislike synced repeats. :)

Nope, I never use tap tempo. For stuff such as leads I even dislike synced repeats. :)

me too....

I only use sync'd delays in the DAW
live I don't really care..
I don't "play" the delay...
I just use delay and reverb to generate a wash of junk behind me to hide what a shocking player I am.. lmao..

Very interesting! I seem to notice when I don't have the tempo sync'd the main line can lose clarity. I only use a single repeat normally and at a fairly low mix, not sure what settings are.

I don't tempo anything delay-wise....unless its a U2 cover or another "very specific delay sound" that needs to be with the song.

Back
Top Bottom