What's your favorite Q4.00 clean model

My personal preferences:
MR Z MZ-38 for full round tones, for jazz, blues, etc.
Boutique 2 for funk

Right now I'm really happy with the Suhr Badger 30, but I also love Brit JM45, USA Clean, USA Pre Clean, and Double Verb Vib.

Although I typically like a little breakup when I dig in so YMMV.

Suhr Badger 30 has been my go-to for pristine clean for a long time. Q4 hasn't changed that. If it ain't broke...
-
Austin

Band Commander, 6G12 Concert, Shiver Clean- those seem to excel at that big clean thing, which I rarely use.. although it can be useful. I prefer slight breakup and using the volume on the guitar to back down to get it cleaner, but I always like a little grit in my clean tone.

JTM45 is a favorite for what I do..

There's so many good ones. All slightly different flavors. Nearly impossible to pick just one. Good thing we don't have to! :p

Fender Pro Junior (yes!!), Band Commander & Brown face are my current go-tos, but I'd be quite happy with many others also.
Crazy that after spending thousands on an Axefx I'm currently using it to model the €400 pro junior I keep in my shed !!!

Fender Pro Junior (yes!!), Band Commander & Brown face are my current go-tos, but I'd be quite happy with many others also.
Crazy that after spending thousands on an Axefx I'm currently using it to model the €400 pro junior I keep in my shed !!!

So you have really cool processors for compression, limiters, lots of eqs, fuzzes/boosts, phasers, enhancers, top-quality chorus, flanger, delays and reverb units (e.g Lexicon, Eventide, TC, etc. ) all attached to the $400 pro jr. in the shed too?

Just having fun ... no offense - as you well know, it's just that the AXEFX is far more than an amp modeller, so you have to account for all the other crap including all those power supplies and cables in your TCO (total cost of ownership) model. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah the Prince Tone models are pretty darn awesome sounding. They also sound really sweet when pushed hard too. They compress and sustain really nicely.

FAS Class A. Not only is it superb clean but it is a fantastic platform for OD & Fuzz pedals. I also love the JTM45 Treble and several of the fenders.

Back
Top Bottom