Whats your favorite modern instrumental guitar album?

have a couple go to instrumental albums.
  • All albums by Plini
    • Specifically "Impulse Voices" recently; the mix is just insane
  • Intervals - The Way Forward, The Shape of Colour, Circadian
  • Tides of Man - Young and Courageous
Other Instrumental albums I really enjoy.
  • Jason Richardson - II
  • Unsolicited - Unsolicited
  • Humanity's Last Breath has some instrumental versions of their albums and they're super heavy
  • Shades of Black - any of his songs. can find them on bandcamp
Was trying to say Simon done great on Owanes Dunno album but I will check out those others you mentioned

I had never heard of him before ive also been listening to alot of Arch Echo if you havent heard of them man they're amazing Adam Rafowitz is a hell of a player I he happens to have my favorite guitar tone ive heard on an album before and its an axe fx tone too haha
But im sure that guy is amazing too ill listen to him later when I get a chance

John Petrucci Terminal Velocity really has some diverse tracks on it. He really stretches his legs, so to speak. I'd probably have to say I prefer his 1st album, Suspended Animation, though. Check out Lost Without You if you've never heard it. Such an amazing song!

Leaving Polyphia off this list would be a disservice.
100% Plini all day.
Ill second the previous mentions for Intervals (and Plintervals), Sithu, Owane, Jakob Zytecki, and add David Maxim Micic, I Built the Sky.
This is a Fractal forum so omitted Animals as Leaders is a sin. also Mestis (Javier Reyes solo stuff)
Haunted Shores if you wanna just go bonkers with the mtl
CHON is good & weird.
Nick Johnston
Skyharbor
Sungaszr/Shubh Saran (“Jazz is a dangerous, double-edged thing. You mustn’t do too much of it”. - Ian Dury)
Snarky Puppy (Letteiri content)

Leaving Polyphia off this list would be a disservice.
100% Plini all day.
Ill second the previous mentions for Intervals (and Plintervals), Sithu, Owane, Jakob Zytecki, and add David Maxim Micic, I Built the Sky.
This is a Fractal forum so omitted Animals as Leaders is a sin. also Mestis (Javier Reyes solo stuff)
Haunted Shores if you wanna just go bonkers with the mtl
CHON is good & weird.
Nick Johnston
Skyharbor
Sungaszr/Shubh Saran (“Jazz is a dangerous, double-edged thing. You mustn’t do too much of it”. - Ian Dury)
Snarky Puppy (Letteiri content)
I agree with everything you said !

Plini and David Maxim Micic scratch my "easy listening" itches. For the heavier side of things, I highly recommend Steezy by Chris Turner.

Yes, and soon will be in the FAS family, we're trying to understand which unit suits best his needs.
I may self would just go with the 3 so it could handle any crazy thing i throw at it but the FM9 seems like it would be the next best thing I haven't tried one though

Back
Top Bottom