What's your favorite effect in the FX8?

Hi,

IMHO

Reverbs are world class - / comp/delay/chorus/drives - are all very usable - the rest; IMHO work, but IMHO are not the 'strong points' of the unit

;the FX8 is a tweakers bread box - yet out the gate some of the presets are very usable & can be fine tuned to your setup pretty easily

Happy Tone Hunting
JD

like all fas gear, you will have a new favorite fx constantly as your skills and familiarity with theunit improve .....

this might sound boring but, as a new FX8ii user the thing that has blown my mind are the drives. they sound so good. i'm using it 4cm with my carvin legacy and i've not even bothered hitting the drive channel on that amp for a while. i'm really enjoying the ruckus boosted by a modts808.
anyway, i've not come across an effect that doesn't sound great. maybe some aren't that useable (for my style) but they all sound good.

I like them all because I stepped up to the FX8 from a Line6 HD500.
Everything...Overdrive, Reverb, Wah, Delay, Everything!

The delay block is the clear winner for me. It functions the way I think it should and sounds great. For some odd reason the pedal makers don't realize how much I/we like diffusion and the ability to set the input gain to the delay to an expression pedal as a send control. Fractal got it right. The other stuff is all great as well but if I could only pick one...

There are quite a few seconds drives that I love, the Timmy drive, zen master, eternal love and the new shimmer drive all kick ass but the standout that I keep coming back to is The ruckus drive setting. Such a big open overdrive that goes from nice medium to cracking high gain, love it!!

Welcome to the gang, @infragreen !

What's your favorite effect when you don't have an FX8 lying around? That'll be your favorite effect on the FX8. ;)

So far the verbs have been my favorite. The blues drive is awesome too. I've only owned a couple wahs, and have never been a big wah user, but the FX may change that. They're fantastic.

I've only had it since Friday, so I'm still learning.

Diving in at first was not easy. Steepest learning curve by far of any gear I've had. Gave me a dull headache, and I never get headaches unless I've imbibed.

But I've got the swing of it now, and I'm really enjoying it.

I'm digging the wah the most. I never used it much before, now I'm finding my foot on it probably too much. Also really like all the Drive choices. Really it's just the whole package.

Back
Top Bottom